Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ended an eight month riding drought today
  • miketually
    Free Member

Apart from a short ride with my brother on Easter Monday, I’ve not ridden my bike, other than my 3 miles each way commute, for eight months! No major reasons why not, just general coughy-spluttery-asthma stuff over from November and into January and work filling enough weekends that I didn’t want to disappear off from the family on other weekends.

Just rode up to Hamsterley and did a lap of the black, then rode home again. Six hours all up, for 80km. Felt great to be out.

TinMan
    Free Member

Welcome back. I had my first off-road in a month and a half last wednesday night following the birth of Jnr Tinman. Doesn’t half feel good nes pa?

singlespeedstu

That sounds like training to me.

No point as you’ll still only come 4th at ssuk.

😉

antigee

had a busy couple of weeks and weekends but a real blasting 3hours out on Tuesday (wind and feeling good)
    yep getting out make you feel good.

GJP
    Free Member

Nothing like taking it easy on the first ride then! I remember your thread about Asthma – sounds like your lungs are OK now.

I have also been off the bike for 3 months now following virus after virus followed by chest infections, asthma flare ups only to be followed by 2 months off work with Depression.

Keep making excuses now for why I am unable to ride, but they are all in the head, not sure I will be doing 80K on my first outing though.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Great to be back to eh??

Yep, sorta looking forward to my next ride, I say sorta as it’ll be the first after THE SNIP!!! 🙄 !!

father
    Free Member

If you were really training for another fourth place finish at SSUK you should have headed for the Grove and tried to find the 06 course.

miketually
    Free Member

The real training is happening right now – hic!

The 06 course is still there for the finding. Have ridden bits of it since.

singlespeedstu

I’m also “in training ” as we speak.

miketually
    Free Member

Doing Becks Vier intervals…

singlespeedstu

We started off with some Kronenbourg’s at the pub and then moved on to Nederburgs when we got back home and will be doing a few reps of Armagnac to finish.

We’re kind of trying to ramp the training up until we’re at a stage when Amanda can do some more pressups on the dance floor and not remember what she did.

miketually
    Free Member

lol

I noticed that Aldi had Glen Moray for £9 when I was in on Friday. I can see that forming part of my training.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I’ve been off the bike for a while now apart from the 10mile commute to uni and back due to my final dissertation and exams, looking forward to getting out and about now that I have finished.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’m missing most of my mid-week club rides over the next three months due to work. At best I’ll get one decent ride in at the weekends. The worst bit is missing the social side of riding. Grrr, f’in recession.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ended an eight month riding drought today’ is closed to new replies.