Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • End-of-run photos – does ANYONE look good in these?
  • kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Looking through some pics from the Edinburgh half marathon yesterday got me thinking.

I’ve seen a fair few pics from the end of half marathons/marathons/hill runs which generally make me look like I’m about to either spew my ring or die. Or maybe both. Because of this, I tend to not buy them.

Does anyone ever look good in these pics? I mean, someone must be buying them or the marathon-photos website would surely go bust?

Should I be exchanging that EVERY….SECOND…COUNTS… sprint finish for a gentle cruise over the line and resultant ego-stoking race pics?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Either I don’t realise there’s a camera and look like I’m about to die or do realise there’s a camera, try to look nonchalant and end up looking like I’m mincing my way throughout the whole race. There are no winners in these things. 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

I found about 5/6 pics of me doing the Fred Whitton online, inevitably they were on very steep climbs and I look like I’ve had double portions of Picolax. I bought one because at least the view is nice!

MrNice
    Free Member

I found the photos of me and theonlywayisup doing a sportive in the peak. Being told your riding style is like a TdF winner sounds good. When that means you look like Chris Froome looking at stems (but fatter) that’s not so good. I won’t be getting copies.

takisawa2

I was dissapointed to discover that the takisawa2 Auto-Camp-Enhancement feature is included on high end race photography cameras also, so did not purchase any aforementioned camp photos. I looked camper than that bonny togged up piper bloke on the camp sauce bottle.
    It’s fair to say, I look camp in ANY photographs.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Just looked at mine from yesterday’s half too. Upwards of £20 to have a high definition pic of me looking like I’ve never even run for a bus before; my rippling cellulite frozen for posterity; I don’t think so!
    Bike event ones are much nicer.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I had a cutting from a local paper when I was 15 winning my u17 category at the Troom 10k and I always thought it was one of the best photos of me; windswept hair, fresh happy face. Sadly I have lost it, along with my athletics scrapbook.

Oh to be young and virile again..

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

This thread needs photos.

djglover
    Free Member

I got my gnr finishing pick, cos it looks like I’m winning

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘End-of-run photos – does ANYONE look good in these?’ is closed to new replies.