• This topic has 327 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 328 total)
  • End Halal petition
  • Drac

Only if all animal slaughter is banned as none of them are actually that good.

orangespyderman

Exactly. If cruelty is the reason, then stricter regulations of battery farmed chickens (how they dispose of cockerel chicks, the conditions they’re kept in etc) and pigs etc is a far more pressing concern imho than whether they have their head cut off at the end.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Halal, is meat you are looking for?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Are you vegetarian op?
    Edit. Do you even know what hallal/kosher meat means?

zokes
    Free Member

Ooooh, potential for some thinly veiled xenophobia coupled with animal rights and an opportunity for vegan virtue signalling.

At least 10 pages…

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m proudly xenophobic.

After watching the documentary with that Ripley lady, who wouldn’t be?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m proudly xenophobic.

Me too. She frightens the bejeebus out of me.

wwaswas

I’m proudly xenophobic.

I’m zenophobic.

Bloody philosophers, coming over here, maintaining our motorbikes.

deviant
    Free Member

This has the potential to be great…we already have some ‘whataboutery’ in the 3rd post in…

what about battery farming?

Are people going to be achingly PC and refuse to criticise because religion?…we’ve got people already questioning the the OP’s motivation…

How about separating religion from food processing and just accepting that its a cruel and outdated process?…there, that wasnt difficult was it?

dannybgoode

Shall we start a petition on banning kosher also, which to all intents and purposes instructs the same slaughter as halal?

No I thought not…

kimbers

How about separating religion from food processing and just accepting that its a cruel and outdated process?…there, that wasnt difficult was it?

I agree, I’d like to see religion separated from everything, education, the house of lords and so on

Oh it’s s halal & kosher slaughter petition…did the OP read it before posting the title to this thread?
    Fine as long as he’s not a Labour member, obvs!

lucky7500

Are people going to be achingly PC and refuse to criticise because religion?…we’ve got people already questioning the the OP’s motivation…

I’m going with yes. 🙂 Even the most vocal, ardent atheists usually don’t dare criticise Islam through fear of being branded racist.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its great to see the same meateaters care about animal welfare*. I am sure its just co incidence that they only complain about Muslim cruelty and no other animal welfare issue and I am sure there is no boas there at all

I mean the list of animal rights issue they bring up is endless**
    Anyway lets just stick to boiling lobsters alive as well that obviously not cruel neither is foi grass or veal or oh whats the point its not really about animal welfare is it.
    * clearly if you have not joined in you are a PC do gooder Muslim loving traitor
    ** By endless I mean the same one endlessly

kimbers

I’m going with yes. Even the most vocal, ardent atheists usually don’t dare criticise Islam through fear of being branded racist.

You do know that despite the OPs deliberately provocative/islamophobic title that it’s a halal & kosher petition?

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Never mind, bindun

theteaboy
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    I’m proudly xenophobic.

After watching the documentary with that Ripley lady, who wouldn’t be?

What’s Sigourney Weaver got to do with this?

wwaswas

it’s a halal & kosher petition?

which highlights the OP’s motives for posting even more, in my view.

deviant
    Free Member

Shall we start a petition on banning kosher also, which to all intents and purposes instructs the same slaughter as halal?

I dont see why not.

As is said, separate religion from food processing, its ancient, barbaric and unnecessary regardless of the religion.

nickc

happy to have ALL slaughter abandoned. Regardless of whether it’s Halal Kosher or anything else.

Tiger6791

what about battery farming?..

They don’t have any space and are piled on top of each other… very cruel

miketually
    Free Member

Ban non-stun Halal slaughter? Okay.

Ban all Halal slaughter? Only if we ban all slaughter.

kilo

Mmmmm halal bacon.

mattyfez

Even the most vocal, ardent atheists usually don’t dare criticise Islam through fear of being branded racist.

I’ll happily criticise Islam, and Christianity and other religious groups.

Back on topic though, as above I agree non religious slaughter isn’t a particularly nice way to go either.

Yours sincerely,
    Atheist

perchypanther
    Free Member

Obviously, the real monsters in this situation are Ant and Dec.

We’re forced to witness a yearly ritual of animals consumed alive or having their winkies and bumholes chopped off and eaten entirely for the amusement of the masses.

Other animals are cruelly forced to share confined spaces with such horrors as Anthony Worral Thompson or Edwina Currie.

It’s truly barbaric. Someone should start a petition or something.

binners

Never, never criticize Muslims; only, only Christians. And Jews a little bit.

Alan Partridge

joefm

Eating meat is normal.

But if we do then humane (as possible, in the context of killing things) farming and slaughter houses must be the normal too.

Any inhumane practices must be stopped. Religious or not. So end Halal too. Using those arguments it’s not xenophobic.

It’s also **** bonkers. Because no god exists.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Whataboutery the dairy industry? Can we add that to the list too?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Are you vegetarian op?
    Edit. Do you even know what hallal/kosher meat means?

No, Yes

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

it’s a halal & kosher petition?

which highlights the OP’s motives for posting even more, in my view.

just highlights that I rushed the title, my bad 🙁

nickc

Eating meat is normal.

Yup, but becoming increasingly unsustainable

fin25
    Free Member

Any of you actually been in an abattoir?
    Anyone seen the queues of animals waiting to die, knowing that they’re going to die?
    I have, it’s horrible.
    Whether the animal is killed by a bolt in the head, electric shock or having its throat slit, the end result is the same, dead animal, an animal that most likely lived a pretty shitty existence, funny how that’s not such a big deal. People get all up in arms about how animals are killed, but pay absolutely no mind to how those animals live.

You could go to any abattoir and get images and videos of any of the processes in there and make a compelling argument for banning it. The problem is not the method of execution, it’s the professional standards by which much of the industry runs and the piss poor regulation of many abattoirs.

I was in Africa once, during Eid, the guesthouse we were staying at had a goat that they had reared specially for that years celebrations. I witnessed the slaughter, done to strict halal standards. It was the quickest, cleanest death i’d seen, the goat never saw it coming and died almost instantly.

But yeah, I’m just a virtue signalling snowflake vegan ****, what the **** do I know.

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

Well that didn’t take long.
    I realise that this can be (and definitely is round here) a controversial topic, but the issue should begin and end with animal welfare.
    Its not a question of “is all slaughter bad” but “should religious people be allowed legal exemption from following animal welfare laws”.

You can certainly complain that all animal slaughter is barbaric or cruel, and campaign for legislation and welfare to be improved, but what is the point of that while exemptions for religious reasons continue to exist?

You can also claim that this is more about tribal prejudice than animal welfare. But please consider the possibility that some people are capable of seeing a need to treat animals more humanely (as defined in law) without having any particular concern over the creed, racial heritage, height, weight, colour (etc.) of the perpetrator.

Never go full STW.

edit PS .. I have been to an abattoir, it was not as described above, I left feeling hungry.
    But not for tripe. Never tripe. I’ve seen things.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Eating meat is normal.

Plenty of things that were once seen as normal are now considered to be barbaric.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

never saw it coming and died almost instantly.

that’s how I want to go…

kayla1
    Free Member

Whatevs, all religious people are off the **** map and we only eat RSPCA* pork now anyway.

Marks for capital letters and ranty SPEELING MISTAKS, and bonus points for use of the word ‘christian’ to justify racism and fear of brown people.

* yes, I know it’s still kinder not to kill animals.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Yup, but becoming increasingly unsustainable

Whataboutery the Soylent Green option, sustainable as long as there are people?

Nico
    Free Member

achingly

Just, like, no.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

that’s how I want to go…

unlike the passengers on your bus?

binners

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 328 total)

The topic ‘End Halal petition’ is closed to new replies.