Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Encouraging signs?
  • scotroutes

We got a weird bike hire request yesterday. A training company wants 5 bikes delivered to a builders yard in the city for a day.

Turns out they’re doing some HGV driver familiarisation – letting the drivers see what it’s like being round the trucks on bikes. Has to be a good sign??

iainc

Can you sell yourself in as a ‘trainer’ ? Could make it a lot more worthwhile…

frankconway

It certainly looks promising.
    Can the training co open up opportunities with other hauliers?
    Can you/your employer take photos and produce some marketing from this? Involve local media – press photographer and interview with training company, their client & your company.

andyrm
    Free Member

Brilliant – I’d say this is a great opportunity to be the friendly face of cyclists to hauliers and get lots more business in for similar jobs.

Ask them if you can come and get some pics for social, then put out some super positive posts tagging them in as an example of a forward thinking company and a credit to their industry. Their competitors won’t want to left behind, cue good opportunity for you.

simmy
    Free Member

The company I freelance to train HGV drivers on bikes on a regular basis.

I’ve never delivered a course as we have an ex traffic cop doing it, but it’s always positive feedback.

It’s called safe urban driving I think

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’d say this is a great opportunity to be the friendly face of cyclists

He is as unsuited to this role as Trump is to be President.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Encouraging signs?’ is closed to new replies.