Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Empty bottles of perfume on eBay..
  • bearnecessities

..seem to sell quite well and I have 4 empty 100ml bottles & boxes of an exp pong, but guess that selling would end up in hand of fraudsters, or is there a legit market for them, such as for display etc?

(Obviously not going to list if only the former; I may be being naive)

scaredypants

dunno – if you go to Bordeaux (and other winey places I bet) you can buy empty bottles that used to hold really posh wine, some of them for 50 quid or more

I like to trick my guests by putting the Petrus in a Lafite bottle

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

eBay actually cancel most auctions along these lines for that very reason. My mum had a load of Pandora jewlery boxes that we listed and eBay shut them all down in under 2hrs.

ElShalimo

Is this the long awaited Xmas Golden Unicorn of Homeopathic goodness thread?
    😉

Jamie
    Free Member

..seem to sell quite well

Sorry, that’s been me. I did it just to get your hopes up. Soz.

CountZero

Surely if the items are clearly marked as empty, for collectors, then there’s no issue?

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

eBay actually cancel most auctions along these lines for that very reason. My mum had a load of Pandora jewlery boxes that we listed and eBay shut them all down in under 2hrs.

Which is fairly frustrating cause whenever I’ve reported actual fake goods being sold they’ve done absolutely nothing at all about it.

globalti
    Free Member

Many crimped-on pumps can be removed then replaced once the bottle has been refilled with a “me too” perfume.

bearnecessities

CountZero- Member
    Surely if the items are clearly marked as empty, for collectors, then there’s no issue?

It’s not about auction being ended, it’s whether anyone is aware if people buy them for a legitimate reason. I can’t think of any mind you apart from display in a shop or individual that, well, collects them?!

More curiosity and double checking I don’t unnecessarily bin £30 of empties!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Empty bottles of perfume on eBay..’ is closed to new replies.