Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Emposhening my old Pikes – options (Loco?)
  • Superficial
    Free Member

I have some old 140mm Pikes (Coil u-Turn). They’re in decent nick and serviced etc. They feel reasonably smooth and good for single hits, and yet compared to my newer RCT3 Revelations on my other bike they are pretty horrible to ride. Any sort of rocky downhills / multiple hits and it feels as though they just stop functioning.

One option is that I sell them and buy some Revelations – it’ll probably cost me £100 ish I’d imagine. Another option is that I somehow upgrade them to better internals. I know the options are dual-flow rebound +/- a different MoCo unit. Which one of these is likely to make the most difference?

walla24
    Free Member

I’d be tempted by the dual air myself unless loco etc come up with anything else…just don’t bin them 😉

JoeG
    Free Member

Emposhening

😆

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Had a little chuckle at that myself JoeG. Definitely going to pass that one off as my own in the near future…

righog
    Free Member

Sell ( or keep for spares ?) and buy new, lots of bargains around atm.

Emposhening…… added to my dictionary 😀

Heard a good one yesterday as well

Prelash……drinking in the house before going on the piss. ( from Grayson Perry)

Superficial
    Free Member

“Emposhen” or “emposhening” has only three actual uses on the whole of Google, apparently I’m a wordsmith. Now, to get it into the common vernacular. It starts here!

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

dont think coil can be converted to air.something to do with the coil spring scratching the internal surface of the lowers.i may be talking out of my arse though

Superficial
    Free Member

I have heard that – I don’t want the air ones anyway. Whilst I love my air Revs, the air Pikes felt pretty awful by comparison (Although they were a lot lighter). I was imagining a damper upgrade, although it looks as though new forks is an easier / cheaper option.

Anyone selling any broken revelations with a compatible damper?!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Emposhening my old Pikes – options (Loco?)’ is closed to new replies.