Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Employment tribunal – a very seriously nervous question.
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Best of Luck today HC. Hope it works out well for you and you can close the door on this chapter and start moving on (with some wonga in yer backpocket).

cynic-al
    Free Member

hairy chested good luck, TJ’s advice on quantum is good.

however you’ve got it wrong otherwise TJ…some of my colleagues and good friends are employment lawyers, according to you that’s impossible.

I don’t know a lot about employment law for sure, but then would you expect an encologist to know about obstetrics?

Speaking ap a friend, you really ought to try and get over this…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Al – why don’t you actually bother to read what I wrote? 🙄 Thats not what I said

You are no friend of mine. I find your behaviour abhorrent
    *back to ignoring*

clubber
    Free Member

God, get a room you two or take it outside 🙄

Good luck hairy!

Saccades
    Free Member

Jeez, didn’t realise that it had all gone so pear shaped HC.

There is a job in Revolve bike shop down in Goery if your still looking (in work and unable to scan through the relevent threads to get up to date, will scan tonight). Fella there is sound.

All the best for today, if you want a good natured spin on saturday there is a introduction ride around ballinstoe from 10am, with levels from savage to genteel (I’m leading the genteel newbies out) and your more than welcome, it’s pretty easy to get to from the M50.

cynic-al
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    You would be.

Indeed most lawyers as you have proven don ‘t have a clue about them.

Unjustified personal attacks – what you have found abhorrent about me, no?

You cannot claim expenses in a tribunal* so lawyers won’t do them** except CAB / law centre types.

* – correct AFAIK (but then I’m clueless apparently) ** – rubbish, what is what I was demonstrating in my last post.

Please do ignore me, but if you’re going to get upset and BATTLE, try harder.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why don’t you exercise a bit of self-control and keep your childish bickering off a thread which is attempting to help a worried and distressed person.

I can’t offer anything other than good luck Hairy……..what you appear to have gone though sounds horrendous. I hope you get a satisfactory closure to this story.

duckman

Good luck hairy, you are in the right, and are only off to claim what you are entitled to.Doing this will maybe teach this tube a little about how to treat other human beings.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Here here, leave the thread alone TJ.

damo2576
    Free Member

I’ve been on both sides of tribunals, you can take a lawyer of course.

I would say tot it all up as indicated above and stay calm – law is massively on the side of employees imo.

julianwilson
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

Here here, leave the thread alone TJ.

[tannoy] Mr Kettle and Mr Black to court 3 please.[/tannoy] 😉

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Why don’t you exercise a bit of self-control and keep your childish bickering off a thread which is attempting to help a worried and distressed person.

+1

Hope it all works out well for you HC – it’s definitely worth holding your nerve if at all possible (and I fully realise that can be incredibly difficult), as it often seems that people get a much more satisfactory sense of ‘closure’ which allows them to move onto a more positive chunk of life a lot sooner.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Hairy, please post up with the outcome later on if it hasn’t all been too crazy a day for you. I think the combination of nice guy/terrible boss/bike shop has a lot of us extra-interested. Forza! 😀

higgo
    Free Member

Any news?

Hairychested
    Free Member

The news in chronological order:
    1. found the location easily and plenty of time to spare,
    2. they arrived too,
    3. we were dressed smart and NOT casual, clean shaven and in a suit,
    4. he smelled of booze and wore casual jeans and a jumper,
    5. the tribunal man thought I was the owner at first, made me chuckle silently,
    6. statements were taken, no examination whatsoever,
    7. in 6 weeks time we’ll have the decision,
    8. the ex-boss was lying out of his bottom, I’m hoping it was obvious,
    9. I stated all the issues, he replied exactly as he did in the written statement previously, no new information at all,
    10. I feel it was a waste of time as the bullying stuff got no mention, will consider pursuing it further (too exhausted now),
    11. I’m drained but at the same time know I did the right thing,
    12. off to work now so no riding this evening nor tomorrow.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Haven’t commented previously, but been waiting to see how you got on.

Sounds like you handled it well, fingers crossed for the decision.

higgo
    Free Member

Sounds like you handled it well, fingers crossed for the decision.

Agreed on both counts.

Drac

Yeah sounds like you were sensible in the matter, what ever the outcome sounds like it’ll all be soon over which in itself will feel good.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I really benefited from your support. It’ve been easier were I in the UK but hell, justice should prevail.
    BTW I am setting up a little business advising others what their rights are re: social welfare, revenue, the usual work-related, benefit/allowance stuff. By putting me through all this nonsense my ex-boss has pointed me in a direction of a new career (seriously).

cinnamon_girl

A nail biting six weeks for you then. Fingers crossed it will all be done and dusted and you can move on. Moving on to something totally different and meaningful too! These life experiences often bring out the best in people and their true strengths shine through.

Good luck again Hairychested. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

good luck…correct moi if I am wrong…it’s all over now and the worst case scenario is you don’t who anything? sounds like you can relax?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

This story is great, do keep us updated.
    When you start your new business be sure to drop a leaflet in to his new mechanic!

Hairychested
    Free Member

@Auntie C_G, I’ve pretty much moved on already, will consult a solicitor if I need to do anything else but I wouldn’t expect it to be the case 🙂
    @cycnic-al, you’re right (and I don’t care if I do get anything TBH).

@hexhamstu
    , the updates as and when, he’s struggling and hasn’t got anybody there apart form an old chap who knows road bikes but will not see customers (works behind the scenes so to speak).

shooterman

Sorry to hear about all your hassle HC. Hope it all works out for you. Were you the guy who moved across to work in Skerries?

Hairychested
    Free Member

@shooterman, I was and still am (although I have nowt to do with Skerries at the moment).
    I’ve just realised he’s going to undermine what he said as soon as he provides the documentation requested, made me smile a bit more.

iDave
    Free Member

careful now, he’s IRA you know 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

Yeah, I do.
    (And I’m Rambo and Commando all in one, it seems).
    @Everybody, I owe you lot big time, your support has been of great help and importance.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

This is one of the reasons i love STW, when it comes down to it the peole here are genuine and willing to help when a real issue comes up, to HC, good luck in all you do and it seems that you are treading the right path, and should be able to help and assist those around you whom find themselves in a similar situation, well done for keeping your head and keeping it together mate

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Employment tribunal – a very seriously nervous question.’ is closed to new replies.