Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Employment lawyer help needed
  • CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Is anyone on here a hot employment lawyer, or recommend one? Got made redundant in July and just realised there might be a loophole to get some more money out of them, but its a real technicality.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Really, no-one? With all the Joblesstrackworld threads going on, surely somebody must have used a lawyer?

Any suggestions much appreciated

Zedsdead
    Free Member

When I needed one I was told to check my house buildings & contents incsurance. Lo and behold I have £50,000 worth of cover for free with it and boy was I glad!

Very useful indeed. I'm sure someone will be along soon who can help…

Luther
    Free Member

Could try your local CAB?

Or read up yourself by starting on the ACAS site?

Some solicitors will give you an initial opinion over the phone without any charge so you could try calling round?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Zedsdead – ???? Do you mean your insurance would have paid for an employment lawyer? Brilliant if true, but how come?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Yes I do. My home insurance had given it to me for free. Go and give yours a call. Quite a lot of them do. I suppose it's a way of making business? Anyhow, it was very useful. They sent me out the forms the next day and gave me contact numbers, then sorted me out with a solicitor who in the end was pretty darn good. It was a huge weight off my shoulders I can tell you….

JulianA
    Free Member

Wanna share some details? Although I think the home insurance and solicitor is a better idea…

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Also, my local CAB and Law Centre were extremely good too. Be prepared for a long wait though, get down as early sa you can. It is very much worth the wait though.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I'm not a lawyer but I've worked in the outplacement business in the past so I know the law around redundancy reasonably well if you want to run the issue past me here.

Alternatively, you can easily make a call to either your local Citizens Advice Bureau or find a law firm that does employment law (simple Google search), call them and ask to speak to one of the lawyers in that area and then just run the details by them. They can give you a quick heads up as to whether you've got a case.

Sandwich

Penna in London were recommended to me during my unpleasant time. Reasonably priced for London lawyers too.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Penna are an outplacement firm not a law firm but they will be able to give you some advice.

Sandwich

Helps if you check before posting rubbish 😳
    The law firm is Ronaldsons, doh.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I will try the CAB and Ronaldsons

cynic-al
    Free Member

If it really is a technicality I think you'd need to speak to a lawyer and they may want to charge for looking into it if it's not a striaghtforward answer.

As a commercial litigator I'm saying nothing!

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

My sister-in-law is an employment lawyer.
    Email in profile if you need details.

Paul.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Employment lawyer help needed’ is closed to new replies.