Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • employment law – apprenticeships
  • woody21
    Free Member

As one of the funding rules to fund an apprenticeship- there has to be an Apprenticeship Agreement in place the trainer / funding should have a copy.

sadexpunk – just let me know if you need any pointers.

sadexpunk

just had a word with the boy, showed him your links and hes asking questions about whether hed need solicitors etc. i guessed not and said we could just send letters ourselves but not sure how to approach this (thats if he decides to go ahead).

i mentioned that we could word a letter along the lines of ‘sorry but i d not accept this termination of my contract. employment law states that apprentices cannot me made redundant due to work shortages, so id like to continue my employment please’
    however, he doesnt want to go back there, so if they say ok, its not the outcome he wants.

so….. assuming hes better off out of there, is there any point in continuing? a better termination payment or something maybe?

if its starting to get too complicated ill drop you an email, just wondered if its likely to end here now or worth pursuing for financial reasons. as that link implies, has this made him more unemployable now?

thanks a lot

EDIT: to cloudy the waters a little, he says he was moaned at for not keeping his nvq up to date. when i asked why he says they gave him the wrong password months ago. im guessing it was maybe laziness on his part that he didnt chase ‘the right password’ up, so maybe he’s in the wrong here. dunno if thats relevant tho.

woody21
    Free Member

I’ll email you later today / tomorrow

Andy

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    br
    Free Member

You need to separate his need to find another apprenticeship from bring to the right authorities their failure to follow due process.

As said above, first thing contact his training agency and let them see a copy of his letter.

woody21
    Free Member

I have emailed you

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘employment law – apprenticeships’ is closed to new replies.