Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Employer advertising roles with less hours than reality – anything to be done?
  • plyphon
    Free Member

So my current employer, whom I am leaving soon, is advertising my role as 37.5 hours a week.

We do 9 – 6 hours, with an hour lunch, and two 10 minute breaks morning and afternoon. That makes it at least 38.something(38.33?) hours a week.

However, these morning and afternoon breaks are “a privilege and can be taken away at any point!” as we are reminded by the sales director. Which would then make it 40 hours a week.

In fact, they used to be 15 minute breaks and we’re cut down to 10. At the time I swore 2 x 15 minute breaks were in my contract but I was new and naive and didn’t question. I guess that’s where 37.5 hours figure is coming from.

I mainly want to avoid my replacement getting caught out expecting 37.5 hours a week day and getting stung with a 9 hour 9 – 6pm slog.

Is there anything I can do or is it out of my control? tbh I mainly just dislike this place and want to cause some “casual chaos” before I leave 🙂

I think it just irks me that my new job is 37 hours a week and 9 – 5 and they’re advertising a role thats 9 – 6 as half an hour more at 37.5!

Thankfully I’m leaving at the end of the month!

ElShalimo

don’t waste your energy on the issue
    focus your efforts on where you can hide the mackerel fillets for the maximum pong but longest undetected duration

midlifecrashes

Well, in truth it’s only 20 hours if you spend 17.5 on here and facebook.

plyphon
    Free Member

focus your efforts on where you can hide the mackerel fillets for the maximum pong but longest undetected duration

aaha, i can think of a few forgotten cabinets!

Well, in truth it’s only 20 hours if you spend 17.5 on here and facebook.

Id say more like 15!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Employer advertising roles with less hours than reality – anything to be done?’ is closed to new replies.