Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Employer actively discouraging cycling to work!
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Cycling with my clothes on my back is a pain. It’s 10 miles each way, and I find it much easier without a bag.

MTFU then. A shirt weighs hardly anything. You can still keep the trousers in your pedestal and the shoes under the desk. With your lock left at work you’ve got a bag weighing virtually nothing, much less than a camelback with 2l of water in it that you’d take MTBing.

Yes, it would be nice if they’d put facilities in for you but it’s not a huge deal really. Your OP did come over rather hysterical, to be honest.

Fuming! I’ll carry on monopolising the existing coat stand then – they only have themselves to blame.

No, they have you to blame, you’re the one who wants to leave shirts in the office when it’s not necessary. Shirt storage is not essential, and you don’t have a right to it. You sound like you have a strong sense of entitlement. Guaranteed to annoy people.

fin25
    Free Member

You can’t ride 10 miles wearing a bag with a couple of shirts in it?
    There are several solutions to your problem, and none of them involve your employer…

firestarter
    Free Member

Carry on with your attitude and you wont need to worry about where to but your shirts but will need to worry about where to find a new job

andyl
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

Maybe get a suit bag so they can all go in there? If you hang each shirt from the cross bar of the hanger above they take up a lot less space.

I’m not sure having a week’s supply of work wear in full view is something I’d want to have in an office.

This ^

Suit bag is a fantastic idea, nice simple black one. Not one of the big bulky ones. Just get one off ebay for a few quid. You can then store your spare undies and socks etc in the bottom too and it won’t look out of place on a coat stand.

+1 to get a pannier too. This is exactly the kind of thing they were invented for!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Suit-bag-thing? All shirts in one black bag hung up on one peg. Job done.

Knackers – that’s what happends when you get distracted by work midpost.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Good luck with your future job hunting prospects

PS it has nothing to do with cycling, and everything to do with your attitude. HTH
    Oh the irony…you seem a proper diplomatic charmer on this thread

Bit of give and take required form everyone …at his work and this thread.

lunge

I work in a very cycling friendly office (shower, good bike rack, boss is a cyclist) and know for certain that if I left 5 shirts on the coat stand at work a quiet word would be had suggesting this is not on. My solution is to bring a suit bad which contains all the shirts along with a suit and undies and hide it in an unused cupboard at the top of the building. Could you find a rarely used cupboard to stash your gear maybe? Or, if you must use the coat stand, keep it all in 1 suit bag so it doesn’t take up as much space?

tomd
    Free Member

I have a similar length of commute to you, and take a shirt in each day. Our office is a cyclist’s paradise. Half the office cycles, we have showers, bike mags in the meeting room, company cycling kit, a secure bike store (x2) etc. you get the idea.

It doesn’t mean we want the place to look like a Chinese laundry.

fanatic278
    Free Member

The 4 shirts are in a shirt bag, hanging from a single hook. Currently I cannot even see them beneath the pile of coats, and I’m sitting 5 metres away.

This has got way out of hand. Discussions of my attitude and job prospects are uncalled for.

Moderator: please delete the thread.

the-muffin-man

Moderator: please delete the thread.

Oh dear! Cup of tea and a hobknob anyone, this could be a long thread! 😀

wwaswas

OP – are you still contracting?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

WTF do you need another coat stand for then?

gobuchul
    Free Member

jekkyl

lol proper flounce.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

nickc

Good job I’m not a diplomat then. 😆

As many folk have pointed out, OP attitude isn’t helping himself, and as he’s been at the work place for just a month, it doesn’t look great…

OP, re the “fat tosspot”, hope he doesn’t read singletrack, eh? 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

It’s 10 miles each way, and I find it much easier without a bag.

It’s not really that hard to carry a bag. I do 20 miles each way and always carry a waterproof rucksack in winter. I don’t notice any performance difference on the days I don’t carry a bag. It’s somewhere else to hang a rear light anyway.

If you have a box under your desk then put folded shirts in that.

You’re the one making this into an issue to be honest not your employer. What if everyone in the office wanted their own coat stand?

plyphon
    Free Member

tbh if someone new at work started and within a month they were hanging their shirts all over the office I’d think they were a little bit nutty.

let alone asking for another piece of office furniture especially for their shirts. Thats just barmy.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Employer actively discouraging cycling to work!’ is closed to new replies.