Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Emoticons – not showing
  • Anna-B
    Free Member

In the grand scheme of things, this could hardly be less significant, but it’s annoying cos it means that something is Not Quite Right. 99% of the time, all I get is white question marks in blue boxes – anyone know why? Recently updated Safari, can’t remember if it’s only been happening since then though.

Ta…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

S’probbly just STW’s crappy server, tbh. The pages are taking ages to load all the content, and not even managing that, sometimes. All other websites are working fine. Got to say, STW is one of the worst websites for speed and loading content, that I’ve encountered. Asked a webby techy IT mate why this is; he reckons ‘bad code/bugs’ or something.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Ok, thanks Mr Boy. S’longzits not my computer…. 😉

sharki
    Free Member

I try not to include emoticons..

That way people take things personally and get or upset or moody.

This works best when winks are used.

GrahamS

Got to say, STW is one of the worst websites for speed and loading content, that I’ve encountered.

No issue with speed here. Been absolutely fine since the new site. Refreshing the list of threads on the Chat Forum generally takes under 2 seconds. Most threads load in a similar time.

Mark

Rudeboy, Your mate knows sod all.

The site is based on WordPress. Your whining is annoying in the extreme. I’ve been alerted to this one because you’ve just been flagged up in our ‘report this’ system… again! And please.. this time Rudeboy spare me from another one of your dissertation length direct emails explaining why you are such an asset of ours.

As for the emoticons I believe this is actually a Safari 4 bug! You need to empty your cache and they will probably start to appear.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

😉

Oh, and to try and be more helpful; the main problem is not with the threads, more with the advertising content. I don’t have issues with Firefox, because of certain ‘features’ of that browser, but Safari, IE, and another one on me mate’s computer what I can’t remember, all have similar problems.

Thing is, there’s times where a problem occurs, then disappears after a while. STW was crashing Safari for a while; I jolly well have not updated Safari at all, and now it works fine. I can only assume there was some content in the page, that was causing the problem. IE was struggling lots too. In fact, there was a time when only a ‘tweaked’ FF was capable of handling the site.

Now, this was on different computers, with Mac OSX, and Windoze. At different places, too. Emptying caches din’t always do anything, and is annoying, if you have other sites you want to access regularly.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Rudeboy, Your mate knows sod all.

His job is to test compatibility of web pages, cross-platform and with different browsers/versions. He tests pages/sites for several very large companies, including the BBC…

Pigface
    Free Member

He wouldnt let it lie.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Emoticons – not showing’ is closed to new replies.