Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Emmerdale production company want cyclists to 'Inbox' them.
  • wwaswas

well, cyclists who look like they could ride the TdF, anyway.

So if you look borderline anorexic this could be the job for you.

but ‘Inbox’, ffs.

pondo

That’s amazingly badly written.

Jamie
    Free Member

That’s amazingly badly written.

I’ve seen worse.

brassneck

I’d need some concealer for my tattoo needle marks

njee20
    Free Member

Genuine LOL at “Lack toast and tolerant”.

nammynake
    Free Member

So you need a pro level bike (Dura Ace or Red) and presumably shaven legs with extreme veins.

Or should I rock up on a Triban with peaked helmet and luminous yellow commuter jacket….?

edlong
    Free Member

Lack toast and tolerant

Almost certainly speech “recognition” rather than typed though..

Rich_s

It’s practically going past where they film the blimmin thing anyway. Should just do a ‘live special’ show.

honeybadgerx

I used to cycle through ‘Emmerdale’ when going out for rides from Leeds when I was a student there, I could have been a star!

eightyeight
    Free Member

This.

This will be the crowning glory of my life. I have already e-mailed her from 4 addresses to increase the odds.

And yes, I will be turning up on a DH rig wearing a camelbak

twistedpencil

Eightyeight your down for the gap jump scene then 🙂

eightyeight
    Free Member

I’ll do my trademark “Gap jump – dead sailor – dislocated shoulder” combo – it’s a real crowd pleaser.

I don’t watch Emmerdale, but I imagine it to be an omnipresent unfunny Last of the Summer Wine. So like Last of the Summer Wine really.

AlexSimon

Is Emmerdale still on?!

Jamie
    Free Member

Is Emmerdale still on?!

No. This is all an elaborate ruse.

wwaswas

Maybe the entire peleton is going to crash into the pub and kill the remaining villagers?

hatter

Careful now, remember that the average Yorkshireman’s idea of a professional bike rider is this.

Flat caps and bread baskets at the ready!

portlyone

Who spells if with two f’s ffs

theotherjonv

Paula

mrbelowski
    Free Member

iff means “if, and only if” doesn’t it?

kcal

indeed.

TheSanityAssassin

There’s no such thing as an ‘average’ Yorkshireman! 🙄

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Careful now, remember that the average Yorkshireman’s idea of a professional bike rider is this.

But hang on, Thats’ Gold Hill in Shaftsbury, so Dorset, rather than Yorkshire!!

brooess
    Free Member

Who from STW is going to email Paula and express horror at her level of illiteracy?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

No, I’m sorry lovie, but that day I’m washing my hair and I wouldnt shave my legs for a crowd scene.

hora
    Free Member

Inbox Paula? Mmmmm is she one of those TV Researchers? 😀

nbt

Sounds about right for the Fighty / Belligerent brigade 😉

franksinatra

it is an absolute given that whatever they film will look nothing like a pro bike race, at all. More likely to be a load of pasty, podgy MAMILS on poorly fitting bikes wobbling all over the road. There will be no helicopters, PR caravan, outriders, team cars, pro looking riders, racing, atmosphere, anything!

It will be toe curlingly embarrassing.

TheSanityAssassin

Now now, nbt, jealousy is such an ugly emotion…

nbt

that’s me there, under “Gobby” 😆

Bunnyhop

Is there a catering truck and cake, lots of cake?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m in wag land

BigJohn

Emmerdale usually pays £75.09 per day for extras. You have to pay your own transport. If it’s filmed at the studio in Leeds you also have to pay your own parking (v expensive, as you don’t know what time you’ll be there till) and you pay for the canteen. Usually a 7 am start too. And your agent takes 20% pus VAT. This looks like an agent.

Furthermore you have to commit weeks in advance but they don’t confirm you’re going to be called until a day or so before. I was booked for another day on Peaky Blinders last week but it was cancelled the night before.

I did a DCI Banks on location and was asked to take an SLR camera and an estate car. I got another £20 for those.

belugabob
    Free Member

I’m not a sad commuter (honest) – but I do have to put up with the gits every weekday.

boltonjon

Love the map of the UK!

Shit Cats – I can live with that 🙂

crazy-legs

What’s the betting that the ‘storyline’ is something along the lines of bloody cyclists tearing through the village shouting abuse, throwing gel wrappers everywhere and causing mayhem and the villagers all being up in arms about it. And no doubt there’ll also be a hilarious scene where everyone falls off.

Cos if they want that, they could save themselves the trouble of hiring extras and just film the next Sportive in the New Forest.

But yes, as franksinatra says ^^, whatever they do it will be cringingly embarrassing.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That pic/advert is located in Dorset though…. 🙂

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Emmerdale production company want cyclists to 'Inbox' them.’ is closed to new replies.