Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 146 total)
  • Emma Way Court Update Liveish
  • igm

Rachel – short history of road tax and its historical demise in favour of vehicle excise duty.

Harry_the_Spider

I think you should offer Emma’s services for hit and run contract killings.

allthegear
    Free Member

Somebody has already asked that!!! 😯

Rachel

Harry_the_Spider

What was the daft git’s user name?

natrix
    Free Member

What are the odds on her being in the jungle by the end of the week?

Let’s hope she gets eaten by a python who tweets about it afterwards 😯

allthegear
    Free Member

Well, if the real Emma Way won’t do it, I will!!

edit – hang on – I’ve never seen the programme – what am I letting myself in for??

!Emma

lightman
    Free Member
    BoardinBob

What are the odds on her being in the jungle by the end of the week?

More likely to end up in a hedgerow by the end of the week judging by her driving

allthegear
    Free Member

Twitter is recommending that !Emma follows @Chipps. Trying to decide what they want her to follow him for – knock him off??

sparksmcguff

@ martin hutch
    BBC website headline now reads “#Bloodycyclists Twitter post driver Emma Way guilty” where it previously read “Emmay Way Guilty”. Even with the revision it fails to acknowledge that she was found guilty of the more minimal offences. Now I recognise that the bbc isn’t there to judge but perhaps a better perspective could be achieved with a headline of “emma way found not guilty of careless driving”, after all “bloodycyclists” hardly implies balance.

aracer
    Free Member

Here are some handy links to register your protest at paying a convicted criminal
    email: daybreak@itv.com
    http://www.facebook.com/daybreak
    twitter: @daybreak

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Rachel – short history of road tax and its historical demise in favour of vehicle excise duty.

Bad idea, Rachel will then get someone informing her that actually it’s still road tax (colloquialism). It’s a tax we pay to use the roads, just like alcohol tax is a tax we pay to purchase alcohol, ditto tobacco tax , incidentally also both colloquialisms. And of course I don’t think anyone actually thinks alcohol tax is spent on alcohol, or tobacco tax on tobacco, just as road tax isn’t spent on roads.

Now, cars that are never used on the road (race and closed course rally cars) don’t need road tax, forever ending the silly notion that road tax is an emissions tax, despite what the government try and have us believe.

thegreatape
    Free Member

You’ve made the Independent so far

chakaping
    Free Member

BBC website headline now reads “#Bloodycyclists Twitter post driver Emma Way guilty”

Starting a headline with a hashtag?

Terrible practice, but it’s clearly meant descriptively of her rather than as a judgement on cyclists.

aracer
    Free Member

Rachel – you can confirm your appearance on daybreak tomorrow – I have an email back confirming that, totally unapologetic about doing so and refusing to comment on payments. It seems rather unlikely she would be making comments about “exclusive” if there were not payment involved.

nealglover
    Free Member

It seems rather unlikely she would be making comments about “exclusive” if there were not payment involved.

She made comments about knocking a cyclist off his bike when she didn’t 😉

asc70
    Free Member

lucky it even got to court,my brother a was knocked off a motorbike by a female pensioner who forgot to stop at a junction to a main rd,did’nt even get any points and left my brother with smashed legs and a broken back .
    turn out she has previously driven across two carriage ways and down a railway embankment after pressing the wrong pedal in her automatic killing machine,turns out shes had four accidents in 18 months but no ban or points/court appearence,ourlocal police officer said if your going to hit someone kill them ,then there’s only one version of events…..sad

tomhoward

!Emma/rachel/danny b/ATG

Maybe post something referencing that young girl killed by the cancer doctor with a soulless, vile good brief who ‘wasn’t’ driving carelessly/dangerously?

wwaswas

Emma Way gets£1200 to appear on @Daybreak for hitting cyclist thn tweeting about it.Shewas fined £300 then Daybreak pay her £1200.Easy money

allthegear
    Free Member

No – she was find £370 and then had £300 costs on top.

Not sure where you got the £1200 from??

fourbanger
    Free Member

I consider her sentence a bit if a victory. Of course I’m comparing it to the HGV driver that got 6 points and £300 for failing to give way at a roundabout, killing my uncle. The system is ****.

wwaswas
    Riksbar

Definitely knocked into a Porsche Panamera on Daybreak’s carpark. I have right of way – he doesn’t even pay road tax! #Bloodymediatypes

hh45
    Free Member

Has anyone ever been punished heavily for hitting and injuring or killing a cyclist. In this country? Every case seems to go against us.

mrmo
    Free Member

Not sure where you got the £1200 from??

according to @katekittykatc her agent was boasting that she is being paid to appear on @daybreak tomorrow morning. Anyone know who has bought advertising slots?

Already lodged complaints with ofcom and itv.

Nothing like making money out of behaving recklessly!

aracer
    Free Member

Already lodged complaints with ofcom and itv

Good stuff that man – I’m just waging war on twitter and FB (re-opened a twitter account just for the purpose, though emma tells me she’s taken 🙁 )

PrinceJohn

Not usually an active twitter user but facbooked & twittered at daybreak to register disgust – also suggested that perhaps any money earned by Emma Way for appearing on Daybreak should be donated to the DEC Typhoon fund.

Karinofnine

I’ve just emailed Lorraine to ask her not to give this woman any more publicity, particularly at a time when so many cyclists have died, and certainly not to enable her to profit from her crime.

Let’s see if I get a response.

Thanks for links aracer.

If enough people complain maybe we will be heard… maybe

thegreatape
    Free Member

hh45 – I think there was a motorist jailed for killing a cyclist at a crossroads in Southampton a couple of years ago.

Yes, here it is Text driver jailed for bike death

Also, this case http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-22111684 in which the cyclist was also at fault (night, no lights, failed to stop at a give way and rode out right in front of the car which was on the main road).

No doubt there are more, much won’t make the national press. I don’t for one minute disagree with the general sentiment that too many drivers get off with this mind.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the cyclist was also at fault (night, no lights, failed to stop at a give way and rode out right in front of the car which was on the main road).

He should have been jailed as well, d1ckhead…

hh45
    Free Member

thegreatape – thanks. Likewise I don’t want to stoke anything up, just avail myself of the facts.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

@Rachel

Army trucks don’t pay road tax either. Maybe she could ram into a big one, perhaps an Oshkosh.

PrinceJohn

Maybe if we aren’t sure how much she’s getting paid we could ask her solicitor?!

http://www.belmores.co.uk/s27/Contact.html

aracer
    Free Member

Paying Emma clearly breaks Ofcom code of conduct http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/broadcasting/broadcast-codes/broadcast-code/crime/

(it’s clearly not “in the public interest” as defined in that)

…I have just submitted a complaint on that basis.

Cougar

Rachel will then get someone informing her that actually it’s still road tax (colloquialism). It’s a tax we pay to use the roads

I don’t think that matters too much. If they did, someone else would tweet a reply reminding them of the mauling they got the last time they trotted out such nonsense, so it all balances out in the end.

poly
    Free Member

Karinofnine, suggest you don’t write to the magistrate directly that is not likely to make any difference and has potential to end badly. If you think there is an error in process direct it to the clerk of court but I can’t see what. Generally the cps view failing to stop as more serious than careless driving. It carries more potential points. As aracer and others have said court can only use evidence available.

niceweecod
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/tjfC3TTQYIM[/video]

Karinofnine

@poly, sadly, I agree – there is nothing to be gained by writing to the Magistrate. But I feel we should protest, in some way.

Edit: wait though – didn’t she lie in her evidence? Said she stopped, then said she didn’t stop?

Why wasn’t that picked up and she charged with perjury there and then? As for the prosecutor Stephen Poole “a routine case of driving without due care and attention” – if he’s that jaded and cynical possibly he should consider a new career.

IS driving without due care and attention “routine”? In these health-and-safety obsessed times, people drive a potentially lethal weapon so badly, so often, that it has now become “routine”?

What the hell is going on?

RichPenny
    Free Member

I was thinking he’d used the word routine to influence the jury that it was straightforward to convict on the evidence available.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Emma Way Court Update Liveish’ is closed to new replies.