Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)
  • Emma Way Court Update Liveish
  • pacef8
    Free Member
    D0NK

from the tweets her testimony is all over the place,

she braked and swerved to near side when she saw cyclist. Heard a clunk but saw him carry on so drove home.
    she was doing about 15mph and had pulled to the nearside as far as possible. Stopped and saw she hadn’t hurt cyclist
    “I did not think cyclist was hurt. I definitely would have stopped. My positioning was perfect,”

So did you stop or not?

Referring to the word “definitely” in her tweet, Emma Way says it was “slang” and how young people talk. “It had kind of annoyed me.”

ah right definitely

definitely
    ?d?f?n?tli/
    adverb
    adverb: definitely

without doubt (used for emphasis).
    2. slang
    maybe (used to try and wriggle out of social media disaster/careless driving charge)

PS is he allowed to tweet as it happens?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think tweets from the courtroom are allowed these days aren’t they?

verses

What is she actually charged with?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Defence solicitor Simon Nicholls tells Emma Way trial “tweet may not be accurate and truthful and may not reflect what happened that day.”

so the defence is my client is a liar and you cannot believe a word she says…Interesting tactic!!

Charged with careless driving, failing to stop after an accident and failing to report an accident.

tthew

I think tweets from the courtroom are allowed these days aren’t they?

I seem to remember a jourer get jailed for using social media to discuss the case he was hearing a year or so ago.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes that a juror discussing the case this a is a reporter “reporting” the case

mrmo
    Free Member

What I find depressing, despite the number of cyclists killed in the last few weeks she thinks the worse thing has done is send a tweet.

zokes
    Free Member

Spot on.

Pook

Tweets are allowed from the courtroom.

martinhutch

I suppose it saves the disruption of reporters constantly heading outside to file copy during a case.

Don’t know how he can listen properly to evidence, write his main copy and tweet simultaneously. Must be superhuman.

D0NK

What I find depressing, despite the number of cyclists killed in the last few weeks she thinks the worse thing has done is send a tweet.

yeah, she still hasn’t learnt, whoever does her PR is useless.

so the defence is my client is a liar and you cannot believe a word she says…Interesting tactic!!

😆

tthew

yes that a juror discussing the case this a is a reporter “reporting” the case

Fairynuff. *stands corrected*

Don’t know how he can listen properly to evidence, write his main copy and tweet simultaneously. Must be superhuman.

Benj is a girl?

nealglover
    Free Member

Emma Way cleared of driving without due care and attention but convicted of failure to stop and failure to report collision.

Lifer
    Free Member

Cleared of careless driving without due care and attention. FFS

kimbers

so she was cleared of driving without due care and attention

yest still managed to hit a cyclist, siiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Junkyard
    Free Member

She hit them deliberately then ?

FFS If she gets away with it we may as well all draw a **** target on our back
    Depressing

pondo

Depressingly, you’ve got to be thinking that it’s a given she’s gonna walk away without any form of conviction.

martinhutch

So, between this and the recent tragic case near Henley, it’s official – hitting something coming the other way while you’re on the wrong side of the road doesn’t count as careless driving.

footflaps

They used to say driving is a privilege not a right, but it’s fairly obvious that the converse is now true……

mrmo
    Free Member

She’ll get an mbe for services to motoring

Junkyard
    Free Member

its **** shocking that the case ifs you can put your vehicle on the opposite carriageway, hot someone and this is an acceptable standard of driving.

It also says they accept she hit them but that is not actually careless!!!

I am leaving before I break the swear filter

mrmo
    Free Member

Is it acceptable for me to kill drivers, just self defence you know.

D0NK

FFS!
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Emma Way fined £337, ordered to pay £300 and 7 points added to her licence for fail to stop and fail to report collision.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I foresee a public protest outside court.

mrmo
    Free Member

On a more constructive note, as a sentence will be delivered that is a joke, I am going to contact legal complaints and try and lodge an appeal for screw up.

I would suggest everyone writes to as many people to get this sorted,the system sucks, but it is the system. If cyclists continue to say nothing, nothing will be done to fix the system

stumpy01

😯

ir_bandito
    Free Member

A fine and 7 points.
    FFS!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

so pissed off.But not surprised. Cyclists are treated as scum in this country.

twinklydave

Turns out it was. 🙁

(Oh OK, not stopping to leave a piece of paper with your registration number and name of insurer on it was. closely followed by the tweet.)

mrmo
    Free Member

FFS!!!!!

Can the CPS appeal against the sentence imposed by the court?

There is no right of appeal against a sentence imposed by a Magistrates’ Court. Whilst the CPS has no direct right of appeal against a sentence imposed by the Crown Court, the Attorney General is responsible for referring Crown Court sentences for certain serious offences to the Court of Appeal if he believes that a sentence may be unduly lenient. The power applies only to sentences that are unduly lenient and not to sentences that are simply lenient.

So the legal system is stitched up again, drivers make the rules, drivers hand out the convictions, whilst everyone suffers!!!!!

D0NK

it’s not so much the sentence I’m bothered about, no idea how not stopping should be sentenced TBH, it’s how driving on the wrong side of the road and hitting someone is not careless driving, very similar to the Helen Measures case the other week. How ****ed up is that?

sparksmcguff

Ok, given that she was not convicted of careless driving logic dictates (as others have noted) that she must have hit the cyclist on purpose – so was she even being tried for an appropriate crime. Surely attempted man slaughter would be what she should be tried for.

mrmo
    Free Member

maybe?

I will have a proper read tonight,

It looks like lots of letters to the CPS, on the grounds on natural justice, how can you be driving safely and hit someone on the other side of the road, might be the only shot.

sparksmcguff

Have you seen the bbc website? Idiots. They make it sound like justice has been done.

D0NK

only thing I can think of is the cyclist was in primary so magistrates reckon he is partly/wholly to blame and poor Emma has just been a bit silly not stopping. if so a nice bit of victim blaming going on. ****s

allthegear
    Free Member

Erm – it turns out the deleted account could be re-enabled…

@EmmaWay20 now belongs to me.

What should we say??

Rachel (not Emma)

martinhutch

What, this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-25000788

Straight factual report of proceedings, as far as I can see. Unless they were supposed to draw devil horns on her picture.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes, that Emma…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Emma Way Court Update Liveish’ is closed to new replies.