Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Emma Pooley
  • ChrisE
    Free Member

What an engine. Chapeau

C

MussEd
    Free Member

She deserves the gold. Hope
    She can hold out…

MussEd
    Free Member

Mmm I’ve just jinxed her I think

ricky1
    Free Member

Attacking all the time,don’t envy the others she’s making them work very hard,great cyclist.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Indeed. Expect some spoiler flaming though.

onehundredthidiot

Great ride. Hard work. Gold medalist timed that attack. Think she’ll be emotional on the podium.

As with all these things if you really don’t want to know results don’t look at a cycling forum.

scaled
    Free Member

What an engine, on pooley. She doesn’t look like someone at the end of her career, sad that its coming to an end when she’s still so strong.

katie archibold rode a horrible race with no support but, as someone put on Twitter ‘a suitcase full of courage’

onehundredthidiot

A real team working in an individual event.
    Interesting to know how you feel knowing that your hard work might be for someone else, or under your win is because someone else gave their all.
    Katie Archibald really worked well, she seemed happy with her race, hard though with no teammate.

andyl
    Free Member

A very enjoyable race to watch. My heart rate was up on the last lap with all that rain though.

Didn’t expect that outcome from the 3rd place photo.

beej

What an engine, on pooley. She doesn’t look like someone at the end of her career, sad that its coming to an end when she’s still so strong.

She’s only ending cycling as a career, moving on to long course triathlon. She’s already done pretty well in a few last year and a couple of mountain marathons.

Much more money in women’s tri too, compared to women’s cycling.

slowoldman

I wish I had half as much power as one of Pooley’s legs.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

She’s only ending cycling as a career, moving on to long course triathlon. She’s already done pretty well in a few last year and a couple of mountain marathons.

Much more money in women’s tri too, compared to women’s cycling.

Apparently she can make more in one triathlon than in a whole season of cycling…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Does seem that if you have the engine to be a professional sportswoman then ending up in road cycling is drawing the short straw. Track seems more even.

Wonder why triathlon is so different? Seems a lot more appealing to women. Newer sport setup like that from the start?

hilldodger
    Free Member

…Wonder why triathlon is so different?

Judging by the gender balance between “keen amatuer level” cyclists, runners and swimmers I see locally cycling is way more male biased.

Also plenty more female specific running/gym clothing in shops than cycle clothing so more marketing opportunities I imagine.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Emma Pooley’ is closed to new replies.