Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Emergency car valet required – 37 year old friend puked in my car last night!
  • willej

I thought we were all past the getting so drunk you’re sick on the way home? I went to a poker night at a friend’s house last night and gave a lift home to two guys I’ve known for over 18 years. They had been steadily getting through three bottles of red wine between them and I thought the risk was minimal, as they were both normally OK with their drink. We get about half way home and all of a sudden one of the back windows is opened and my friend is chundering out of the window. He did quite well in keeping most of it out of the car but there was some splashback and chunks of pink vomitus in the back of the car. He also tried to rinse of the outside of the car when we got to his house, which was quite funny. So now I’m looking up car valets. Anyone got any tips for a good mobile valet around North East Hampshire?

midlifecrashes

Ring your mate, tell him to get round sharpish with the Rug Doctor and Febreze(other valeting products may be available).

DickBarton

Aye, get your mate round and he can take care of it…

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyone got any tips for a good mobile valet around North East Hampshire?

No, but I have a good recommendation for the type of boot you want to be shoving up your mates arse 8)

willej

He offered to pay for it to be cleaned up so I’m going to take him up in it. Hit him in the wallet! 😉

midlifecrashes

Ah, fair play to him, in which case let him find the valeter too.

willej

Good point…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Good luck! My best mate nearly did a “Hendrix” on my leather sofa two yrs ago after a full on night that also involved smashing the patio door in! Many many cleans and three months later you still got the odd nasty smell from the sofa….

willej

Just taken it to a local company. When I went out I also noticed a large selection of scratches on the edge of the roof and rear wing, from where he dropped the jerry can of water on the car as he tried to rinse it off. Muppet.

Coyote
    Free Member

He chundered after a bottle of red?

I’d be looking at better quality friends personally.

willej

Bottle and a half of red and my brother just reminded me about the three or four tequilas they did.

willej

IMAG0246 by will jenkins, on Flickr

IMAG0245 by will jenkins, on Flickr

konabunny
    Free Member

Tell valet guy to fix.

a full on night that also involved smashing the patio door in!

#euphemismlol

Weasel
    Free Member

That will T Cut out…. 😆

globalti
    Free Member

What a muppet.

You might be lucky, lacquer goes white when scratched and it might polish out.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Valeting Hijack

Anyone recommend a good off the shelf upholstery cleaner to try and get coffee stains(front seats) and grubby, possbily oily marks (back seats) off grey cloth seats?

willej

Got the car valeted but the scratches are too deep to buff out. I’m going to have to get someone else to fix them. Surprisingly the window has worse scratches on it than the paintwork, they were just hidden by chunder residue.

paul4stones

Avoid his 40th.

nealglover
    Free Member

Valeting Hijack
    Anyone recommend a good off the shelf upholstery cleaner to try and get coffee stains(front seats) and grubby, possbily oily marks (back seats) off grey cloth seats?

You need an extraction machine really rather than just a good cleaning agent.

Otherwise the stain just gets moved around.

You can hire the Rug Doctor machines that come with a hand attachment for doing that sort of work.
    But by the time you’ve paid for the hire, and the chemicals you may as well get a Valeter in.

I would charge something like £40 to do a stain removal on a couple of areas, and shampoo all the seats.

nealglover
    Free Member

Willej, did the person who said the scratches wouldn’t buff out consider wet sanding and then buffing back ?

It’s incredible what can be removed if you do it that way.

Gary_C

Get your mate to pay for the paint repairs too.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

you may as well get a Valeter in

Needless to say the marks happened about about a week after my mate had been round doing the carpets in the house.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Emergency car valet required – 37 year old friend puked in my car last night!’ is closed to new replies.