Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • EMERGENCY. Anyone else lost CBeebies from their freeview?
  • pictonroad

Terrible timing. BBC have messed about with their broadcasting channels for the olympics. Upshot of which is we have lost CBeebies and CBBC in HD and standard res. I’ve re-tuned and restarted to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

CBBC HD and CBeebies HD will have reduced capacity during the Olympic period to make room for BBC Four HD’s extended coverage of the Olympics. BBC Four HD will start broadcasting at 1:00pm during the Olympics, and be available to more viewers.

Some viewers may lose CBBC HD until the 23rd of August when normal service will resume. If you are among the viewers who will continue to receive CBBC HD over the Olympics it will move to channel number 97 on Freeview.

For unavoidable technical reasons, any series links you may have in place on the three above channels will be lost. Viewers should reset recordings to the standard definition versions of the channels so no programmes are missed.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/service-updates/update-to-get-new-red-button-services-for-olympics-coverage.html

CBeebies HD

Due to this temporary move CBeebies HD will have slightly less coverage in the UK than previously. This will result in a small number of viewers losing CBeebies HD. However, the SD version of CBeebies is still available to all. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/item107

iolo
    Free Member

Brexit said no more Cbeebies, Sorry.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mtbfix

It’s working here. God, imagine the summer hols without CBeebies.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

999, probably bat signal too. I think I’d encase my head in concrete if we lost cbeebies.

pictonroad

I’ve seen the info, but it’s gone completely, we’re supposed to keep it in standard def.

I don’t have to imagine the summer holidays without it, 48hrs in were getting the cold sweats.

Can always stream it but it’s odd. I can’t believe we’re the only ones. 😕

marrv
    Free Member

Think we still have CBeebies. But no Kix. So may be murdered by children.

ajantom

We’ve just done 4 days straight without TV, I’m starting to think she’s forgotten about it. Fat chance, but there’s definitely more playing going on.

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

I work in TV and we effectively “repackage” CBeebies for a different worldwide audience. The BBC forgot to tell us that they were moving CBeebies and replacing it with the Olympics, so, last Friday, at 06:00, we automatically and completely unknowingly switched to re-runs of old Olympics. Nobody complained! Fingers crossed, we’ve got away with it. Anyway, tiny children LOVE the steeplechase 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘EMERGENCY. Anyone else lost CBeebies from their freeview?’ is closed to new replies.