Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Embers sizes?
  • Tino
    Free Member

Fancy getting an Embers LS merino baselayer, but not sure of sizes. One part of their site recommends a size up, one part a size down (due to stretch of wool over time). I have a Howies LS merino baselayer which is a L, and all my other baselayers are L. Anyone got an Embers and how does it compare size-wise???

Cheers,
    Martin

markd
    Free Member

Hey

I wear the medium base layers but small jackets as they come up larger than normal.

They do have some give over time so if i was you go for the medium!

tim41
    Free Member

Embers were at the Bristol Bikefest last weekend, so I took the opportunity to actually try one on. I ended up buying a long sleeve medium, which was snug but comfortable. Howies large are way too big for me, so i’d guess embers sizing is not that far off howies. I’m medium in most endura, helly hansen and gore stuff too if that helps.

clubber
    Free Member

I usually take xl cycling kit and my xl embers ss jersey is spot on though fairly loose fitting.

It’s worth noting that the colour ran horribly on the first wash so don’t mix in with your other half’s best outfit…

markd
    Free Member

oh and may i add, chris and marianne (the people at embers) are the nicest people you will meet. i go to a lot of events and shows where they have been and they are always there and smile relentlessly. the stuff they make is the opposite of all the crap you can buy on the high street – proper clothes to keep type of thing.

give them a try – well worth the money.

mark (tbc edinburgh)

Tino
    Free Member

hey folks- thanks for the replies. Think I’ll just go for Large as per usual. Yeh, heard lots of goods things about Embers and the people behind the products….

Cheers,
    Martin

hh45
    Free Member

I asked the Emmbers girl at Bristol BF if they were ‘Kiwi sizes’ ;i.e. designed for well built south island sheep farmers and er ‘islanders’ and she said yes, so as with Ground Effect you need to size down esp if you want it to fit closely.

Bizarrely, Italians who I do think of as being generally fat have miniscule sizes and I have to size up when buying their gear.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Embers sizes?’ is closed to new replies.