Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • emailed Arriva about a crap bus driver
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

….just sick of it!!

Double-decker bus trying to overtake me on a blind bend on a two way road, pattingham to Perton road south staffs…

Two cars come the other way have to slow so he can get back in behind me, then the utter jebend, overtakes me, fine at first then cuts back in too early leaving me about a metre of room!

so we’ll see how they fob this off, I ride this a lot so he could try and finish me off if he gets a telling off!!

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Don’t get your hopes up. I had one of theirs pass me close enough to clip my elbow. Sorry we couldn’t determine who was driving. Absolute bs, you expect me to believe you can’t trace the driver given time, route number, location and registration?

Xylene
    Free Member

We had a really good response from them when a bus driver racially abused my wife and her student mates a few years ago.

Same driver on multiple times made rude comments to her and her mates when they were leaving college – usual silly racist things – go back to your own country and all that carry on, when they got on the bus. Initially it started with him refusing to let the use their passes, I told her to stop using it and buy tickets to get the driver details.

He then started doing things like stopping 10m from the bus stop, waiting a few minutes, driving up, open and close the doors and drive off.

Ariva told me the driver would be dealt with, and would receive I think they called it race awareness or something like that.

He didn’t run that route either again.

We also complained about the council security van driving excessively fast through 20 zones, they replied that they had indeed been travelling faster than the 30mph limit and the drivers would be warned – oh I enjoyed telling them that it was in fact 20mph zone and they had reduced the speed themselves months before.

Complain to the man. Stick it to the man.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Looks like an old Teddyboy, silver hair still got the sideburns and ducks arse, they can’t miss him surely ? 😯

andytherocketeer

wanted to email someone about a truck driver that pulled out on to A69 without stopping. that kind of give way, when you sense they’re not going to stop and get ready to slam on the anchors.
    then the prat slowed down from 50 to 30 in a 40 zone for a speed camera. not entirely sure why… the number plate was illegally obscured.
    since I was maybe 1 car length away I could deduce it was YE02… or YF02… but funnily enough, one of those is unregistered and the other is a Mercedes A140 hatchback. So couldn’t even email PC Plod or rant on social media to track the guy down.
    Thank f3ck the guy behind me also sensed that imminent emergency braking too.

theotherjonv

I complained about a taxi driver recently. I was pulling out into the RH lane of a two lane road, which briefly caused me to block the LH one. You have to, otherwise the traffic in the RH lane never stops for you. The taxi driver set off from the lights at full lick, screeched to a stop and then started yelling a nd swearing at me from his cab. In under 5s someone gave way and he could carry on. Fortunately making his private hire number clearly visible as he screamed off.

I’ve since had a letter from the licensing agency asking for more details so they can look into it.

wiggles
    Free Member

Slightly related but funny story.

I know a train driver who got a disciplinary(but kept his job) for shitting out the window of the moving train he was driving…

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Must’ve already filled up his drivers bag………

belugabob
    Free Member

@theotherjonv
    You didn’t “have to” – you could have pulled out, used the left lane, and gone a different way.
    It may be bad road layout, or something else, but that’s no excuse for forcing your way into traffic. One of the first rules in the highway code is to not cause other road users to change speed or direction.

teasel
    Free Member

Should you get a chance to have a word do exactly that. Don’t do what I did and try and drag the guy through that little offside window.

The law frowns at that sort of behaviour.

Kryton57

Don’t get your hopes up.

Similar here. Big argument with a London bus driver after we’d both registered our Oyster cards (and therefore paid), he wanted us off the bus on the basis he would carry my sons balance bike. When my wife got exclaimed he exclaimed “its always your type that have a problem”. He was Indian & male, she’s female & black so this then riled more passengers into the argument, and we’d have a basis for some form of discrimination.

As we were at a bus station, he switched off the bus and summoned the station manager by radio. This gut was the most un-empathetic guy you could imagine, stating TFL’s T&C’s stated no bikes on buses.

I said sure, you show me the T&C’s and if correct I’ll get off the bus otherwise ‘ll continue my journey thanks (there were no “no bikes” signs on the bus). He then immediately called the police. Wtf! The arrived ans said we’d be arrested for disorderly consuct – so thats me, my wife and my 7yo and 3yo. My 7yo is now crying because he thinks hes in trouble with the police.

Letter to TFL and the reply was essentially “those are the rules so hard luck, and our staff acted in accordance with their polices.

No apology, no offer to refund the journey nothing.

porlus
    Free Member

Complained about a National Express coach driver once.
    I was a passenger heading from London to York. As soon as we got on the bus he told everyone if he catches them eating he will chuck them off the bus and not to use the toilet as hes just cleaned it. Further into the trip he got into a spat with a car, did a silly over take move then swerved into it pretending to side swipe it. Not good with a coach load of people.
    Anyhow, emailed National Express. Got a response back saying he was a contract driver that they will not be using again and send me a voucher for a free trip. Not bad.

wilburt
    Free Member

Dont get your hopes up, the drivers are thick **** incapable of any other job so are treated like shit and the hatred of cyclists runs throughout the whole company.

Sandwich

Depending on the response you can then approach the local Traffic Commissioners pointing out that a bus company is operating with an ‘incompetent’ supervisor. That should sharpen things up a bit.

jameso

Kryton, UK import regs state that a balance bike is a toy not a bike. It has no pedals. Maybe worth another go : )

I got sideswiped into a kerb and off by a bus pulling into a stop after overtaking me w/o enough time/space once, got myself back on and rode to the depot 2 miles away. After a while in the office filling something out I left, never heard any more of it.

teasel
    Free Member

This gut was the most un-empathetic guy you could imagine

Harsh.

I know some folk let themselves go but only seeing the gut and not the man?

Sheesh…

theotherjonv

@theotherjonv
    You didn’t “have to” – you could have pulled out, used the left lane, and gone a different way.
    It may be bad road layout, or something else, but that’s no excuse for forcing your way into traffic. One of the first rules in the highway code is to not cause other road users to change speed or direction.

I didn’t force my way into moving traffic. The left lane was empty and kept that way by the traffic lights where the taxi driver was coming from being red. The right lane was filled by cars waiting to turn at the roundabout 100 yards further on, but moving slowly enough that a gap readily comes available if a driver’s prepared to give you one. But if you don’t nudge, they don’t offer, and you’ve got a couple of seconds between one set of lights changing and the other going green to get your nudge in. Yes it’s bad road layout but it’s the layout.

The only way i caused him to change speed or direction was because he specifically raced away as soon as the lights changed just so I could be in his way, so he could then get angry and abusive. If he’d moved at a decent speed I’d have been clear.

You know these people, out for trouble so I don’t see why I’m being blamed for him being an aggressive arsehole deliberately causing a confrontation. Why should I take the left hand lane and go to another place to avoid pricks like him? And why should he be allowed to do it particularly when he’s in a PHV and specifically dealing with the public.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘emailed Arriva about a crap bus driver’ is closed to new replies.