Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Email Server Help?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

Is anyone on here a email server dkim dmarc, spf, terminal, lemp guru?

If so can you help me! I’m stuck getting a server not to be recognised as spam by gmail inboxes and using the likes of https://www.mail-tester.com/ I can’t get the mail any better so not sure what the dealio is…

Talked to google for a fair length and all points to the server setup!

Thanks

scaled
    Free Member

You not getting any delivery at all? (Junk/deleted?)

If you are, post up the full mail details, if not, check your badmail folder, you should have some sort of rejection in there.

Have you got an SPF record set up for the domain you’re sending mail from?

alexxx
    Free Member

I’ve got a site that sends out emails to customers (orders ect) and they are going to spam.. even with spf records passing ok.. I can show full headers ect but as far as I can see it all says good good good 🙁

Are you the man to speak to? I’d rather not post stuff publicly!

Cougar

Lots of things could be causing it. The recipient email server should be able to tell you (well, them) why it’s being caught.

Off the top of my head; SPF records, static IP address on your MX, long TTL, reverse DNS (PTR) records…

Sandwich

Have you used MXToolbox to check IP,PTR & other bits? If the basics of forward and reverse DNS lookup are correct check you IP address Isn’t blacklisted (IP4 addresses get recycled and you may have a spammers one). SPF is on my to do list once the Poodle stuff is all fixed.

alexxx
    Free Member

All is good – I think the main issue is maybe that DKIM isn’t passed by php mail as standard… I tried with dkim off and still no joy though! MXtoolbox shows a few things but I don’t think they are related… I’m a bit stumped really.

Cougar

The recipient email server should be able to tell you (well, them) why it’s being caught.

alexxx
    Free Member

Like I say google have wiped their hands of it!

Cougar

I’m not familiar wit DKIM I’m afraid.

If your outbound mail is being caught in recipients’ spam filters, then those spam filters should be able to explain why this is happening. Where is it being caught? Is it all mail, or just certain destinations? Is it just Gmail recipients?

Do you want to send me a mail, see what happens? My address on here is a private domain but it redirects to a Gmail account.

What did mail-tester tell you?

enfht
    Free Member

Check your DNS/MX

Check you have no open relays

Check your outbound mail flow to see what else you might be sending

What mail security do you use, and is it working?

Check RBLs and see if you’re listed anywhere

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Email Server Help?’ is closed to new replies.