Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Email recieving but not sending (work POP email at home)
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

Hi All….

Wondering if anyone can help.

Got a manager in work, Dell laptop, Outlook 2000 with our BT Business broadband POP email set-up on it.

In work via the BT business internet he can SEND & RECEIVE fine.

When he goes home and fires up the laptop it connects to his HOME 'SKY' broadband fine, can use the internet etc, but can only RECEIVE email, when he clicks send & receive it just bombs out and he can't send email and they just sit in his outbox.

Soon as he comes back into work they all leave the outbox.

(i'm guessing as he has an ok internet connection at home it is just a setting in outlook to look for another account maybe??)

WackoAK
    Free Member

he needs to change the outgoing pop server to the sky one.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

most ISPs limit access to outside SMTP mail servers

in your account settings in outlook change the outgoing mail server to whatever sky says to use, it'll be something like smtp.sky.co.uk or something.

trouble is it'll then probably not work at work, i have different profiles on outlook to cope with this, one for home, one for BT opezone and one for T-Mobile

monkey_boy
    Free Member

CHEERS DUDES!

monkey_boy
    Free Member

just thought, another manager has tiscali at home and does not have the sky users problem?

langy
    Free Member

had this problem when i moved to the states, changed the smtp server to the local networks one and life was hunky-dory again.

no idea about the tiscali thing…

davey_clayton
    Free Member

It depends what his SMTP settings are. I had this problem before, I use live.com (via my hotmail account) now and it works everywhere.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Email recieving but not sending (work POP email at home)’ is closed to new replies.