• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Email Newsletters – URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!!!
  • RomanJSL
    Free Member

Here’s the score, we need help deciding how many email newsletters to send out, whether it should be weekly/fornightly/monthly??

Would appreciate customer feedback on this one! Decision needs to be made before friday so all feedback is welcome!

Also – have you ever bought anything from an email newsletter????

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

who is “we” ??

RomanJSL
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

This thread has skillz.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I tend to ignore pretty much all email newsletters, get so many of them they get deleted straight away

joemarshall
    Free Member

Monthly at most.

Weekly = straight in the spam filter (or remove if you allow it)

I get a few things where they only send me email when there is something interesting, which seems to be 3 or 4 times a year. Which is better than the weekly same old rubbish from John Lewis etc.

Joe

RomanJSL
    Free Member

I was hoping for a bit more input, i’m going to watch this thread carefully! more the merrier aslong as the info is constructive! Cheers all.

RomanJSL
    Free Member

thanks joe, when you reference the rubbish from john lewis is that the same template they use and then just change the product??

coffeeking
    Free Member

No idea what your product is or who you are. But from a general perspective I find anything more than bi-weekly gets bloody annoying.

If you dont have any decent discounts or new products to talk about dont witter on about how good your prices and products are.

If I want something I’ll buy it, I never buy things from an advert shoved down my neck.

Anything containing massive numbers of pictures and large spacing cheeses me off, I’d rather have a small amount of text and small thumbnails linking to a page with the offers on, my email client is not a web browser.

RomanJSL
    Free Member

Everything cycling = product!

Philby

Monthly – I get really annoyed with organisations that think people have nothing better to do than read their e-newsletters and other random mailings which they push out every couple of days.

stevomcd
    Free Member

We try to stick to quarterly. I’d feel pretty embarassed to be clogging up our customers’ in-boxes more often than that.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

It don’t matter how often it is, as long as it is interesting, but more than fortnightly does get a bit much.

nbt

I get two a week each from aldi and lidl and most of them get scanned and deleted – the odd one has somehting on it that justfies the others. Other than that, anything more frequent then every other week would annoy me

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Email Newsletters – URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.