Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Email hacked/spoofed
  • paul4stones

Some advice please.

Talktalk. Some people in my address book have received an email today, apparently from me and asking them to look at a google doc I have sent them. I haven’t sent them, they don’t appear in the sent items folder but two draft messages did but obviously haven’t been sent.

So, first of all I went to change my password. Clicking through and answering a question about my first school I got to what I thought was the page to change my password but got the message ‘you are not eligible to change your password at this time’. Logged out of TT, back in again and into the ‘contact us’ link I got a different page which did allow me to change my password. Also noticed that the security question was different from the one I’d answered previously.

I’m assuming I got directed to a cloned page and that’s why I couldn’t change my password initially. Is changing my password sufficient or do I need to do anything else?

Thanks in advance

Paul

wwaswas

Use a different pc/device and type the url straight into a browser.

paul4stones

Yep. I can log in with the new password. Is that enough?

Incidentally I thought the message had just been sent to some of my address book but I’ve just found that it seems to have been sent to all of it but in about 6 different emails and most of them have gone straight into the ‘trash’ folder.

Drac

Bit of a trend.

My email is sending SPAM

paul4stones

Hmmm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Email hacked/spoofed’ is closed to new replies.