Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Email addresses?
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

I’m soon to swop from Talk Talk back to BT to take advantage of the sport channels, amongst other things and have a question for the Forum.

Curerntly I use a talk Talk email address for home emails and will obviously use a BT one next, so why do people us Gmail and Hotmail instead of their Broadband providers? Is there an advantage I’m missing?

nickjb
    Free Member

You keep it when you change providers. Saves changing every single website log-in and expecting all your friends and contacts to update.

Drac

so why do people us Gmail and Hotmail instead of their Broadband providers? Is there an advantage I’m missing?

So when they switch ISP they don’t have to tell everyone of their email list their new email, so they don’t have to change their email address with online accounts and for when they find one they forgot to change plus forgot the password they can get a password reset to their gmail rather than their expired Talk Talk email.

jekkyl

gmail is top notch if you have an android phone, one sign in for everything.

dannybgoode

By your own domain and web access for around £20 p/y.

I have dannybower.co.uk for example and so I can have anythingiwant@dannybower.co.uk for not a lot of cash.

Plus Google don’t scan all my mail for their own end

oldnpastit

Gmail is great because you get loads of irritating “targeted” ads, which helps the Chocolate Factory keep going. Plus you get annoying and slightly pitiful emails about Google+ every so-often.

andycs

Why can’t you still use talk talk e-mail?

Rockape63
    Free Member

I didn’t think you could, but now you mention it…..I’ll check!

Drac

Why can’t you still use talk talk e-mail?

Some ISPS kill email accounts when you leave.

scotroutes

I don’t get either of those things.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Email addresses?’ is closed to new replies.