Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Email address on websites
  • Mounty_73

I have a few websites that have the email address on various pages, however we are getting large amounts of spam.

I know of one or two techniques to reduce this, but are their any good methods to use, even if it only reduces it. I know spam is here and we have to put up with some it, but the amount of daily emails is ridiculous….

Any suggestions please?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Gmail? The spam goes in the filter.

maccruiskeen

Use an email address that is for website enquiries only – so ‘web.enquiry@…..’ instead of an address personal to you or a particular role. That way you can see easily what new enquiries are coming to you via web searches rather than other advertising channels or recommendation. Reply to any mail you get that way with the address you’re more precious about, so that those new contacts now have an email trail to check back on with an address that will always find you.

Once you start to get too much spam through the web enquiry address – just change it ‘web.enquiry2…’ etc and close the old mailbox.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

have a contact us page (with a Captcha code to filter out bots) instead of publishing an email address.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

have a contact us page (with a Captcha code to filter out bots) instead of publishing an email address.

This.

I’ve got rid of all email addresses on my websites.

rocketman
    Free Member

You can also write a bit of script so that the elements of the email address are assembled on demand

Not 100% but it reduces spam

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Email address on websites’ is closed to new replies.