Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ellie Goulding: beautiful prodigy or totally over rated?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I got her album, Lights, for xmas and am impressed with her overall ability to write, compose and perform. Quite pretty as well but a bit Beverley Callard round the gob area*.

*What?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

can’t be bothered with her. in fact i find it hard to enjoy any music that’s being produced at the moment. We seem to be going through a phase of wistful versions of other peoples songs to get in the charts.

It used to be that a cover version might appear as a bonus track on an album, not the defining song of their career

also, smile a bit luv, it won’t kill you

Pook

She can sing a bit though.

jools182
    Free Member

I’ve only ever seen her do a live track, and she has got a good voice

You almost put me off with the Beverley Callard comment, almost..

I’ll have to listen to a few more tracks

wrightyson
    Free Member

I listen to a massive array of music, as diverse as you can imagine and I think she’s quality. Just downloaded an album off I tunes that gave you 35 tracks, with a fair few of them live. For me, when a singer/band can actually sound even better live than the original is pretty impressive and she’s dedinately one of those. Have a listen and you’ll see. Also, I would 😉

Andituk
    Free Member

I love her. She’s ace.

To be fair to her, the cover of Your Song wasn’t supposed to be released, it was on the album re-release and it got played loads after the John Lewis ad so it got released.

BoardinBob

Horrendous dirge. She’s destroyed Midlake’s “Roscoe” in a brutally awful cover version. She should be locked in a rocket and fired into the sun.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I love her. I don’t think she’s that amazing an artist or anything, so it must be actual love.. I accept her desipte her failings…

momo

I really like her, some very good songs on the album, in fact might have a listen to it now.

DaRC_L

TSY do I get the feeling that she’s not alone in your affections 😆

monkey_boy
    Free Member

she is great, the wife had the album and i havent stopped listening to it, theres a good mix of styles on it.

i can’t believe she is seeing that greg james d*ckhead off radio 1

BoardinBob

Anyone that likes her will also be locked in the rocket before it’s launched

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What are you saying Darc? That I’m some sort of filthy internerd pervert lusting after pretty young women?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Strangling cats should be illegal.

carbon337
    Free Member

she is great

DaRC_L

Noooooo TSY (anyway isn’t that just a definition for a male STW forum member?)

It just that you seem to be 2 timing Ms Goulding everynight this week 😯

loddrik
    Free Member

Pretty?? Beautiful??!!!

I think specsavers is in order…..

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

her cover of jolene on the dermot o’leary sessions cd (an excellent cd itself) is very good imho. not sure i would buy her album though.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Darc – I’d give up the game for her.

Might suggest that she went to Specsavers though. The glasses in that pic ^^ really don’t suit her!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ellie Goulding: beautiful prodigy or totally over rated?’ is closed to new replies.