Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Elixir CR Mag lever rebuild in Edinburgh, or new brakes?
  • ChrisL

One of the levers for the Elixir CR Mags on my Anthem pops out if you look at it funny. I asked the Bike Works about getting the lever rebuilt but they have given up rebuilding Avids and Maguras – more trouble than it’s worth, apparently.

So who else in Edinburgh would you recommend for a lever rebuild? Or if the Avid hate is strong this evening what replacement brakes should I be considering?

skinnyboy
    Free Member

They are a doddle to replace the master cylinder. If you have a bleed kit it takes 5 minutes to replace the MC and however longer to bleed them. All you need is here

http://m.jensonusa.com/Avid-Elixir-CR-R-5-Lever-Internals-Kit?utm_source=FRGLAUS&utm_medium=organic&cu=AUD&gclid=CP-on_ffq8ECFYIHvAodCpkArg

el_creedo
    Free Member

Chris – I have a white lever body, black caliper Elixir CR Mag with carbon lever, works well – it’s currently used as a front if that makes any difference, I’d gladly sell you it for £20 posted if it’s any use?

ChrisL

I don’t have a bleed kit plus the one time I borrowed a friend’s to bleed some Juicy Ultimates didn’t go too well – but it’s hard to tell if that was my fault or the Ultimates as nobody else managed to get them working right either. Plus that’s the wrong bleed kit – the CR Mag uses a different kit to the C and CRs. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Elixir CR Mag lever rebuild in Edinburgh, or new brakes?’ is closed to new replies.