Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Elixir 5 or Juicy 7
  • vancoughcough
    Free Member

Merlin have an Elixir 5 with HS1 rotors and a Juicy 7 on sale. I would like to upgrade my brakes on the hardtail. I built the bike with lots of great parts but I just slung on the Juoy 3’s from my Pitch Pro. I have been impressed by the Juicy 3’s on the bike, but 3 years on, after the odd crash, the levers are on the way out….

So Elixir 5 or Juicy 7?

I have many Juicy 7 pads, so would make sense to go Juicy, but I understand it’s an old brake..

Mintman
    Free Member

If you’ve got spares I’d go for the juicy 7s. Keep as many serviceable bits from your 3s to act as spares for the new brakes.

I’ve had good experiences with my Avid brakes but if there’s one brake that will divide opinion it’s these!

vincienup
    Free Member

I’m running juicy 3’s on my commuter and elixir R’s on everything else.
    All properly bled, no air issues with any.
    I understand elixir 5’s are the same as R’s minus the repositionable hose elbow (can’t really call this a banjo)

I’d go for Elixirs personally for real brakes, but if what you have you’re happy with, the 99 quid deal at Merlin is a steal!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    docrobster
    Free Member

How cheap are they?
    I’ve just swapped from Juicy 7s to 596 deores for £42 an end off CRC (no rotors) and much prefer the deores. The avids had lasted well for 5 years but I was getting fed up of stuck pistons all the time.
    clicky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Elixir 5 or Juicy 7’ is closed to new replies.