Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Elixir 3 or 5?
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting an On One Inbred and you can choose from Elixir 3 or 5’s in the custom build section. I’ve read some reviews of these brakes but it’s not clear how they differ.

The 5’s are white though which would look lovely on the black frame 😛

matt23
    Free Member

In all honesty I got the 5’s because they are white to match the black frame…never tried the 3’s but the 5’s are awesum IMO.

steve_b77
    Free Member

The 5’s have a different lever body and are great brakes.

I put a set on my Nicolai at the start of the year and have just swapped my SLX for a set on my Cove, great power and feel.

White are nice, the black ones are metallic finish too 😉

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

OK thanks. The 5’s it is then! It will be interesting to see how they compare to my Hope’s. I wasn’t keen on my Juicy 3’s and the way you centre them but hopefully the 5’s would be better.

anto164
    Free Member

I’d get the 5s, as they have reach adjustment.

I borrowed a bike with elixir 3s on, and one brake had the bite point at the beginning of the stroke, the other had it half way through the stroke.

If i had reach adjustment, i would have been able to bring in the lever to make the bite point a little further towards the bars, even though this doesn’t affect when the brakes bike through the lever stroke. (This feature is unique to the CRs only)

starsh78
    Free Member

My 5’s on my bike are nice and direct!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Elixir 3 or 5?’ is closed to new replies.