Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Elite parabolic rollers. Any good for mountain bikes ?
  • slightreturn
    Free Member

As per title. Was looking at a set for garage as the weather is just horrendous at the moment, I only have mountain bikes. Wondered how the rollers perform ? Thanks

adsh
    Free Member

LOUD

As in forget watching TV

Headphones just about work. That’s with a Ron front and near bald Ralph rear.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Good rollers, never ridden my MTB on mine though. But yeah loud would be a word that springs to mind.

gazhurst
    Free Member

I used my rollers for warming up before races last season and can confirm that with MTB tyres, they are pretty loud.

using them indoors was a problem as I wanted to use them but couldn’t cope with the noise. Turbo tyres would have solved the issue but I ride a 27.5 and turbo tyres were hard to come by

I’ve now found that Tacx produce a 27.5 turbo tyre…problem solved…except for the fact that my rollers got nicked 👿

mrblobby
    Free Member

gazhurst, guess you could have just chucked some old 26″ wheels in there for when it’s on the rollers?

gazhurst
    Free Member

Yeah I could have done and thought about it (or using road disc wheels) but the issue then was the 11speed cassette etc and the hassle with swapping things around all the time

I now have said turbo tyres on a spare 27.5 wheel with 11sp cassette so all I have to do is swap wheels.

Much easier

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Elite parabolic rollers. Any good for mountain bikes ?’ is closed to new replies.