Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Elite novo force mag trainer or any other dumb trainer repair
  • blader1611
    Free Member

Not sure whats happened but the magic break a part of your bike set up without touching it fairy has struck my elite trainer. Set it up ready to race and it feels like the resistance is set high, i can barely turn the pedals on the trainer. Resistance controller seems ok but i have noticed that the outer cable no longer seems to sit in the housing at either end thus exposing the inner cable now. It still feels attached and it does move at eack click of the resistance controller but at the lowest resistance its still hard work to turn.
    I have taken off the unit and undone two screws but cant get any of the plastic off to get inside to look at the inner workings. I guess the flywheel will be impossible to get off as i cant stop it turning when trying to un done the retaining nut. Any ideas anyone?

blader1611
    Free Member

I have now got access to the inside of the mag unit but for the life of me i cant figure out how to fix it. The cable which moves the magnet back and forth via a spring will no longer stay in its plastic housing when there is little resistance on. The plastic is in one piece so its not that but the cable doesnt retract back with the magnet assembly so falls out,its almost like the cable has stretched a lot and is now just too long to create enough tension to stay in place.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Elite novo force mag trainer or any other dumb trainer repair’ is closed to new replies.