• This topic has 47 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by kcr.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Eliptigo's on club runs
  • chakaping
    Free Member

spaffed nearly 3k on one of these

But… you could buy a bike for that!

lightman
    Free Member

Thanks, wilburt 🙂
    I do TT’s on it too, 36th out of 61.

oldgit, if I was leading a group and someone showed up one of those, I’d maybe let them come along, but they would be staying at the back out of the road the whole time.
    You can not teach people how ride in a chaingang and follow wheels if you have one of those things joining in.
    Tri bars are fine in groups, as long as they don’t get used, just like tt bikes.

zippykona

I never knew going for a bike ride was so complicated.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wilburt
    Free Member

@lightman,
    I think you can expect a barage of marketing material from recumbant manufacturers.

ashfanman
    Free Member

I do TT’s on it too, 36th out of 61.

Fat bike and aero helmet. Awesome. Bet the tyres must make quite a racket on the road when up to speed! Never ridden a fattie before, but would love a go.

As for the club ride issue, I’m pretty sure my club lets people ride whatever they like, so long as the bike is in decent mechanical order and they’re wearing a helmet. If they can keep up and ride safely and sensibly in a group, I don’t see what the problem is?

TiRed

Not in my group, or club. I’m not so bothered about flat bars or flat pedals in slower groups. I’m more interested in tight bike handling skills and an ability not to coast at every opportunity. Fixed riders are allowed in our groups provided they are smooth enough not to be noticed as such. 8)

When I take out the recumbent trike with the club (not often), I ride behind the group.

oldgit
    Free Member

Looking at the Eliptigo website, they’re deffo aimed at runners.

kcr
    Free Member

I read a few accounts in the Audax magazine last year written by Eliptigo riders (runners?) taking part in ultra distance events. It honestly sounded a like an unnecessarily painful and difficult way of doing a cycle ride.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Eliptigo's on club runs’ is closed to new replies.