Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Elfin's new 'Do' for the Team Bullheart charidie – with pics
  • kaesae
    Free Member

😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I say!! All this time we’ve been civil to Elfin, now it appears he’s one of those funny foreign chaps!! Passing himself off as a genuine salt of the earth cockney, born within the sound of the Bow bells. Typical sneaky Johnny Foreigner trick that!

nickf
    Free Member

I say!! All this time we’ve been civil to Elfin, now it appears he’s one of those funny foreign chaps!! Passing himself off as a genuine salt of the earth cockney, born within the sound of the Bow bells. Typical sneaky Johnny Foreigner trick that!

Nope, definitely a Cockernee type. It was hard for him to sit in all the greenery of the Malverns…he kept expecting he would be attacked by a cow (sorry: a caaah) or be forced to swallow fresh air.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

now it appears he’s one of those funny foreign chaps!!

I know, I’m sorry.

I was actually born in Hackney. It’s my cross to bear. 😐

Oh, got to give a biggup an’ nuff respek dat to Niterider lights who very kindly lent us a power supply and extension lead. Top fellers. Nice one.

Apart from the bastards insisting it was done right out front with everyone walking past…. 😥

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Apart from the bastards insisting it was done right out front with everyone walking past

Who are you calling a bastard?!?

I just asked people to throw money or spit at you as part of the sponsored public humiliation of little people!

Well done for raising a few quid (and smiles) mate

DezB
    Free Member

So, should the WCA pic go up?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The WCA pic?????

Ohhhh, do show and tell us Dez! 😀

yunki
    Free Member

this is a nice thread.. good work fellas

DezB
    Free Member

What 1 lap of Mayhem can do to a man

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I was looking for my contact lens, honest, and I always look that colour.

DezB – You are a git! 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh dear…….

DezB
    Free Member

😀 thanks for the lift mate!

ton

well done fred.

Sue_W
    Free Member

awww … man hugs … 🙂

Must have been the result of all that pink jersey wearing …

DezB
    Free Member

That wasn’t a hug.. fred was keeping him up!

toppers3933
    Free Member

one of the funniest parts of the weekend was watching wca trying to get up, then elf trying to hold him up while we looked on laughing. top work fred. that pic almost makes you look tall. almost….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh! WCA is heavier than he looks…

Just bin to the barbers to have it tidied up a bit (well if I’ve got to look an idiot then at least better to look slightly less like an escaped Broadmoor patient); Young lad did a fantastic job, and when I explained to the bemused staff the reasons for having suffered such public humiliation, they waived the fee. Which I think is really nice of them. So, another biggup an’ nuff respek to the lads at Noor’s Barber Shop in Chrisp St Market. 🙂

More pics to follow later hopefully….

Oh, and still no reason to stop giving.

http://www.justgiving.com/TeamBullheart

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Are people giving you a wide berth in the street? When I had red spiky hair, I had people cross the road to get away from me more then once…. I found it very funny!

‘Cos now yous look like a proppa nutta, innit, blud!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Woman in the shop did a double-take when I was buying a pint of milk.

I’m going to meet a little friend in town now. That should be fun. 😀

God knows what my mum’s gonna say mind…. 😯 😳

MrsToast
    Free Member

God knows what my mum’s gonna say mind….

Have you ever considered becoming a hat person? Or get your face tattooed, she won’t notice the hair then.

crispybacon
    Free Member

More Elfin action from MM

Can you ride tandem?

Showing that he can actually ride a bike

Big respect to the guy riding SS & in the Sumo suit

deluded
    Free Member

Well done Fred – good on you mate.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Just had it mentioned on Eddie Nestor’s Drivetime programme on BBC Radio London! 😀

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and that, but I must make it clear that it’s a team effort, all of it, and no way do I deserve any special praise at all. This was just meant to be a laugh, try to raise a bit of awareness and some money, and pales into insignificance compared to the efforts made by others, speshly Bullheart Mark himself.

I’m extremely happy and chuffed it’s had a positive result, but it’s just a bit of hair, and it will grow back. Without donations to fantastic charities like this, people like Mark won’t get the treatment they need, so it’s vitally important we all do our bit to help. To be perfectly honest, I wish I could do so much more, and feel so useless that I can’t.

I can cope with looking like an idiot. I don’t know how I’d cope if I had cancer.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I can cope with looking like an idiot. I don’t know how I’d cope if I had cancer.

Neither do we, because YOU would go on an on and on and on and on about it……

roper
    Free Member

Brilliant!!!!
    It looks like you all had a great day too.
    What is the time scale for keeping yer bonce like that ahem…I mean sporting the new styled hair?
    Well done all involved.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You know what? I actually like it! Speshly now it’s bin tidied up:

Think I might keep it for a bit actually. 🙂

trailmonkey

there’s certainly more harmful ways for a mid life crisis to manifest itself. 😉

thebunk

Heehee. Looks like a big caterpillar about to walk over a little caterpillar. Fair play Elfin, and nice one, Team Bullheart. Feel free to keep coming up with ridiculous ways of humiliating deserving STW members for a good cause.

mmb
    Free Member

two days of laughter! it was great! and many many thanks to the one and only bullheart for organising it what a super dude! 😀

emsz
    Free Member

OMG!!!

Preferred the rough cut version, you look proper mental in that photo.

Stupid question: do you have to ride for a whole 24hrs on these things? Cos you didn’t if you had haircut and whatever?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Emsz; you don’t have to ride for 24 hours non-stop, no! We were in a team of ten, so did a lap at a time each, like a relay race. Some very disturbed mentally ill incredibly fit and dedicated people do it solo, but I can’t imagine anyone doing it without stopping except for a wee. The top solo male rider did TWENTY ONE laps. That’s hundreds of thousands of miles. Our whole team managed about 14 I think. 😆

The haircut was done after the 24 hours were up. When thousands of people were milling around the main arena. 😳

you look proper mental in that photo

Emsz; don’t matter what my hair’s like tbh. I always look like that. 😈

molgrips
    Free Member

Emsz, yes it’s a team relay, usually 4 people of the same sex, 5 of mixed, or they let teams of 10 in don’t they? You can also do it as a pair or on your own. When I did it there were 130 ish pepole doing it solo, and of those probably all but the top 30 or so go at least some rest at night, judging by their lap times.

psychle
    Free Member

Looks good mate, well done on going through with it, respect! I reckon it suits you you know, makes you look well ‘ard innit 8)

emsz
    Free Member

😳 Oh right, thought you had to do it non stop. can anyone enter, or do you have to be in club? How fit do you need to be?

molgrips
    Free Member

These things are just about the most catholic (I don’t mean the religion) events going. You get all sorts. No need to be in a club or have a license or anything like that.

Mostly it’s weekend warriors having a laugh. There’s probably two or three teams out of what, 3-400 men’s teams trying to win it. The next 50 or so will be trying to do as well as they can, everyone else is just out for a laugh.

You need to do at least two laps each according to the rules, but no-one really cares that much tbh. Most rules transgressions get overlooked by the officials anyway unless you are really being an arse or are in it to win it.

You only need to be fit enough to do your two laps, really. You see loads of beginners who are loving it to bits despite being slow; you also see one or two looking like thunder because they’ve been duped into it a bit 🙂

It can get tough at 3am in an unrideable mud fest but it’s one of those things – you’re in the situation where you have to really dig deep, but it’s in a completely safe environment. When you’ve struggled and come through, you’ve fought the mud for three hours and made it, the sense of achievement is hard to describe. And people laugh about it afterwards, no matter how grim it ends up being 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz – join us for the SITS event?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Emsz – don’t be embarrassed. I thought the same when I did CLIC24 solo a while back. I told friends and family not to bother to come as I was doing it solo.

24 hours of riding with no support team or support gave me plenty of time to reflect on my mistake.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ey up Yeti. Did you put an entry in then or what?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Not yet. Has it sold out? I should send around an e-mail.
    Only Junky seemed really keen and he isn’t going to ride.
    Could do it solo for charidee I s’pose.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I’m keen.. but if everyone else is going to wimp out then I dunno. iDave’s soloing now it seems.

SITS tends not to sell out afaik.

emsz – read the best and worst thread on the bike forum for some laughs and inspiration 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Elfin's new 'Do' for the Team Bullheart charidie – with pics’ is closed to new replies.