Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Elephant in the room
  • atlaz
    Free Member

You know when you’ve had a falling out with a friend, but one of those where you’re still talking rather than vowing never to set eyes on each other any more? Is it best to address the issue and get it all out in the open or let it lie?

I’m of the former frame of mind but am a font of stupid ideas currently so thought I’d see the consensus.

philconsequence
    Free Member

how serious was the falling out and was it over an issue that can’t be resolved without fighting/an elaborate plan to break into somewhere exciting/swapping wifes?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If its a solvable issue then you need to talk to solve it.

If its insolvable then can you ignore it to save the friendship or is the friendship over?

samuri
    Free Member

Bloke: Resolve issue with fight, be best friends for ever.

Girl: Talk about it but secretly hate each other for ever.

if you’re different sexes from each other then get drunk and go for it

Markie
    Free Member

How long ago was the falling out… even a bit of time passing can dramatically affect how you feel about things.

TooTall
    Free Member

Did you have a few beers and try to snog him? We need some idea of the crime.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We need some idea of the crime.

?This.

We need details and context for discussions such as these. 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It seems clear to me that one of you needs to assert your authority in the relationship.

I have a tip, but I fear that some may not understand.

Markie
    Free Member

We need details and context for discussions such as these.

[quote]It seems clear to me that one of you needs to assert your authority in the relationship.

Go round to his and kick the back door in to let him know who’s boss I say. [/quote]Glorious.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Samuri speaks the truth.

atlaz
    Free Member

Sadly it’s all a little dull. No undying declarations of love or short term passion, just one drunk person not opening their mouth when a friend would have. Attempted apology in the days after but after bumping into each other (work day, no chance to talk), it’s clear there’s something not right. Still only happened a couple of weeks back. Consensus seems to be, talk about it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Indeed talk about it, whats too loose? Seems like you’ve lost the ability to talk to a mate..
    Thats a loss in my eyes..
    The gain if you talk about it is you get your mate back..

Where theres a will, theres a way.

D0NK

one drunk person not opening their mouth when a friend would have.

so you did try to kiss him

yunki
    Free Member

Seems like you’ve lost the ability to talk to a mate..
    Thats a loss in my eyes..

+1

talk about it.. laugh or cry or fight about it.. don’t take yourself so seriously

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Bunch of flowers?

philconsequence
    Free Member

complimentary kitkat?

derekrides
    Free Member

atlaz – Member
    Sadly it’s all a little dull. No undying declarations of love or short term passion, just one drunk person not opening their mouth when a friend would have. Attempted apology in the days after but after bumping into each other (work day, no chance to talk), it’s clear there’s something not right. Still only happened a couple of weeks back. Consensus seems to be, talk about it.

Is this a girlie thing? You need to go out for girlie lunch, talk about it then end up smiling at each other and never talking or evil-ling each other for ever after, either way the relationship is already screwed forget it and move on.

You’re a bloke? Just **** apologise, it’ll all be forgotten the next day. (If it’s your fault), if it’s not, clock him then apologise = same result

atlaz
    Free Member

don’t take yourself so seriously

Best advice. I’m overthinking. Ta.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Elephant in the room’ is closed to new replies.