Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Elephant Bikes. (Ex Royal Mail) who got one?
  • jekkyl

Did anyone end up getting one of the ex royal mail bikes done up nice? Expriences and pics please. Just out of interest.

dogthomson

I think Miketually on here got one? I considered it but I work for a competitor of Royal Mail so it would have just felt wrong!

miketually
    Free Member

I did.

Apart from a few issues – the LH crank kept falling off until I liberally applied loctite and the bell got crushed during delivery (Elephant Bikes sent me free replacements) – it’s been great.

It’s currently got a flat which I discovered was because the entire valve pulled out of the innertube, so I’m awaiting delivery of spare 24″ inner tubes.

robware
    Free Member

They had a stall in the Macclesfield treacle market, that I just happened to find. I had a go on one and they were quite nice. Very heavy. It was also a bit surreal turning the bars, but watching the basket stay put when turning.

I was tempted, but couldn’t justify it. I’d never have used it, and I don’t really have the room.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Elephant Bikes. (Ex Royal Mail) who got one?’ is closed to new replies.