Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Electronics help please
  • spursn17
    Free Member

Hi all

I need some help with some electronics and I thought what better place than a mountain bike forum!

My son has bought a cheap coin operated kids ride (the sort that you find outside shops) for for my grandson. The lights and sound on it are not working, the lights I can sort as I’ve got enough knowledge to wire up some LED’s.

How would I go about sorting out some sort of sound for it? I was thinking about some sort of cheap MP3 player and a small amplifier wired into the timed circuit from the motor, or are there any better ways of doing it?

Any suggestions anyone?

bencooper
    Free Member

Maplin do little kits that do that kind of thing I think…

spursn17
    Free Member

I’ve had a look in the Maplins book and can’t see any that will do a recording for a couple of minutes.

bencooper
    Free Member

Hmm, they’ve been cutting down a lot on the interesting stuff 🙂

Yes, if it needs to be a recorded piece of music then a bodged MP3 player is probably the simplest and cheapest way to do it.

IanMunro
    Free Member
    Flaperon

Maybe you could re-purpose one of those “record your own greeting” cards?

spursn17
    Free Member

IanMunro; that looks like it would probably do the job, would it be hard to wire it in?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Is it all 115/240v inside? Or some 12&5v too?

spursn17
    Free Member

240v, I was going to step it down by putting a laptop charger or a PC power supply in the base. Aternatively I was just going to buy something like a generic power supply/charger from Maplins as I didn’t want 240v around where mini-spursn17 is sitting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Electronics help please’ is closed to new replies.