Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Electronicists of STW; what's this thingy called and where can I get a couple?
  • v8ninety

It’s a 90deg header that had female ports so you can stick a simple pin plug into it. However, that description doesn’t cut the mustard when I stuck it into eBay search, unfortunately.

For those that are interested, it’s so I can add a flashing port to the circuit board of a good cheap RC car transmitter, in order to put aftermarket software on it that MASSIVELY improves its capabilities. It goes from 3 to 8 channel, with abilities to run ‘proper’ 4ws, multi speed transmission, control lights, winch etc. Yes, I’m a proper geek.

andytherocketeer

does it need to be 90 deg?

looks like a SIP roundhole socket strip to me, more commonly sold with much shorter leads and not 90deg, into which you’d normally plug ICs (in the DIP version)

jam-bo

PCB 90 degree header?

v8ninety

does it need to be 90 deg?

Yes, unfortunately; it is so that it can pop out of the radio casing as such;

Which is also why those other suggestions aren’t quite right. Looks like I’ve got something to go on there though, cheers 8)

antigee

Right angle female header?
    think you’ll find that is a regular search term 😉

v8ninety

Getting closer; what’s the difference between ‘dip’ and ‘sip’?

andytherocketeer

sip is single inline package (a single strip, like what you need)
    dip is dual inline package (2 rows connected the right distance apart to be able to plug old school type IC chips etc. in to)

sip strips, like the PCB pin headers often come in a strip 40 long, that you just cut off as many pins or holes as you need.

marcus7
    Free Member

You can bend the legs if you are careful, I may have some straight ones, I’ll post back if I can find them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Electronicists of STW; what's this thingy called and where can I get a couple?’ is closed to new replies.