Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Electronica/dance music – instrument in a box
  • RustyNissanPrairie

ok im possibly the least musically talented person imaginable but I love my electronica/trance/dance/bleeps&beeps call it what you will.

A few friends are into guitars and have them on stands to pick up jam & mess around with and put down at will.

Is there an EDM equivilent? something that holds samples and can loop/mix/fade/layer or whatever that is capable of putting something together and can sit in the corner of the room without the hassle of booting a pc up?

chakaping
    Free Member

Use this on a tablet?
    http://errozero.co.uk/acid-machine/

RustyNissanPrairie

along those lines I think but a standalone unit that can be left plugged/hooked up

saxabar
    Free Member

That’s fun!

AlasdairMc

Novation Launchpad? As favoured by Madeon, seems a really cool piece of kit.

RustyNissanPrairie

I think from a quick google that Im possibly looking along the lines of a Roland M307 groovebox jobbie

hilldodger
    Free Member

Korg volca beatbox series are about £80ish now, would only lose £20 on resale if you didn’t like them.
    Higher up the price range is Korg electribe series, but more serious investment of £300ish

RustyNissanPrairie

[/quote]Korg volca beatbox series are about £80ish now, would only lose £20 on resale if you didn’t like them.
    Higher up the price range is Korg electribe series, but more serious investment of £300ish

The Volca keys look like what im after! – thanks for the info.

Kaoss pads look cool as well – I can see this getting expensive!

brant
    Free Member

My lad has a Volca Keys. It’s bizarre.

RustyNissanPrairie

Going to buy one tomorrow as im flying to Oz on Wednesday so i’ll have 24hours sat bored witless to amuse myself with random beeps and whistles. just that hope that Manchester’s passport control security don’t ask me turn it on and show them it working – I wont have a clue!

bainbrge

Second the various Korg mini synths and drum machines. However, if you have the cash then anything from elektron.se is what you need. Not really suitable for use on a plane, but easily on a train.

There are Korg apps that work quite well on iPad as well.

brant
    Free Member

Going to buy one tomorrow as im flying to Oz on Wednesday so i’ll have 24hours sat bored witless to amuse myself with random beeps and whistles. just that hope that Manchester’s passport control security don’t ask me turn it on and show them it working – I wont have a clue!

If you learn how it works, then let me know. I’ll swap you a ride on a 650B+ bike if you like for some instruction 🙂

leegee
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Electronica/dance music – instrument in a box’ is closed to new replies.