Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • electrictrackworld (dimmer switch content)
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

hi, is it possible to refit a dimmer switch to my existing on/off switch light in my living room? I will also be fitting a dimmable G9 LED (5x) like this

dimmer –> this and this

Gary_M
    Free Member

Do you mean replace the current 2 gang switch with a dimmer? If that’s the question then yes.

As for dimmable G9’s I’m not convinced they’ll work, I’ve not been able to find any from a reputable shop.

johndoh
    Free Member

I have some dimmable GU9s and they don’t really work – they are wired up in a new kitchen refit where the majority of lights are GU10s and they dim nicely (all lights running from the same 3-way dimmable swich so it isn’t the switch at fault). The GU9s are more of an on / half-way / off. It doesn’t bother me greatly but they certainly don’t dim as I would have expected.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

aha, so the wiring for standard on/off 2 gang switch is same as dimmer switch. cheers

the link for G9 LED bulbs it says dimmable, so it should work? i think I would be better buying this in B&Q and ask, im sure they have.

johndoh
    Free Member

The ones I bought said they were dimmable but they don’t dim very well

Gary_M
    Free Member

the link for G9 LED bulbs it says dimmable, so it should work? i think I would be better buying this in B&Q and ask, im sure they have.

B&Q don’t have dimmable G9 LED’s. But yes they should work, in theory. Does look like a decent firm though so give it a go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘electrictrackworld (dimmer switch content)’ is closed to new replies.