Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Electriciantrackworld MEB
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Hi Electrical professionals of STW, I have a quick question;
    I am being advised that I need to run additional services for the equipotential earth bonding of the gas and water services, and that an earth can’t be picked up locally and needs to be direct from the board.
    Could any part P’s confirm this for me please?

Thanks!

spooky_b329

I’m not Part P but thats how I understood the regs. Does not apply if the services are plastic.

Also had to bond the incoming pipes in the bathroom to the light fitting as it was within a certain distance of the bath.

Andy_K

yes thats generally the craic. most leccys wouldnt bother with the water bonding if you had a full plastic intallation though.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ok, thanks very much chaps. I just didn’t want some plastic tube being attached all the way down the side of the house!

rwamartin
    Free Member

Needs to be run from the main earthing terminal which is normally in the consumer unit. Run it in 10mm yellow/green single. Use earth clamps at the services (earth tag)
    Good practice is not to break the continuity of the cable when looping between services – strip back the isulation to make the connection.
    Rich.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Electriciantrackworld MEB’ is closed to new replies.