• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Kip.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Electricians- Electrical Compliance Certificate, how much?
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Needs to get a electrical compliance certificate for a recent extension, how much should I be looking at?

Thanks

trail_rat
    Free Member

cant you get the electrician who wired it to do one ?

presuming your in englandshire you might be looking for a while for a hooky sparky.

glad im in scotland.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I would do but he’s a sub contractor for the builder who’s being unresponsive to contact at the moment; job finished 5 months ago but needed a protective earth fitting before certificate could be issued, that’s been done now and the sparky who fitted it tested the circuit and said it was all good but can’t get building control to sign off until the certificate is issued.

Bored of awaiting so just going to sort myself.

footflaps

Local Building Control charge £190 for inspection and certificate if you DIY it.

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

The sparks who tested the circuit and ‘said’ it was ok should issue a cert. Assuming the sparks is a self cert, he should inform LABC and you receive the cert.

Are you still in contact with the sparks? If you know his name, find them and report to his professional certifying body if necessary (NICEIC, NAPIT, ELECSA etc)

If all else fails get building control in. A regular sparks cannot sign off an installation if he didn’t do the work. All he can do is an ECIR. LABC won’t accept this as a cert though.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Spoke to building control today, they’re ready to issue the completion certificate on the whole job once the electrical certificate is issued.

Original sparky couldn’t do certificate due to high readings and need for protective earth to be fitted; protective earth was fitted by Northern Electric (they checked readings and said within limits), does it have to be the original sparky? I assumed it was a simple test, no?

trail_rat
    Free Member

new spark doesnt know it wasnt you that fitted the cables DIY.

the simple test can pass but things can still be wired up dangerously.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

And if I can’t get hold of the original sparky……..?

Kip

Nice weather at the moment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Electricians- Electrical Compliance Certificate, how much?’ is closed to new replies.