Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Electrician help…tripping fuse
  • Albanach
    Free Member

Woke up this morning to find the upstairs lights fuse tripped and tried to reset it but it bounce straight back up. Checked the switches upstairs and the only thing I can see is on the 3 gang switch outside the bathroom (1 for landing, 1 for main lights in bathroom and 1 for the lights beside the mirror) the centre switch can’t be pushed to the off position? It just sticks at the halfway point and refuses to go all the way up…any ideas? It was working fine last night at 11pm.

Edric64
    Free Member

I had this and had to change a light switch .I had squashed a cable boarding the attic and the switch below didnt like it

jonahtonto
    Free Member

im not a sparky so please take this advice with CAUTION.
    turn off all the circuit breakers and the main trip. unscrew the socket and have a look- its probably a slightly loose wire that has got warm and broken the switch. you should be able to change this yourself by replacing like for like (do up the screws really tight, and dont ‘bend the wires through too tight a turn)
    if you are unsure AT ALL halfway through the job get a sparky in but its not much more difficult then changing a plug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Electrician help…tripping fuse’ is closed to new replies.