Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Electrical wiring / Electrician advise – North Bradford
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I need some advice.

I have installed the unit below, which has a fan powered by 1 power supply with AC to DC converter, and a separate mains supply for small heater that is basically bolted on the side.

In the short term I have put a plug on the fan power supply, running it off one of the sockets in the loft.

I want to ideally run the heater on a fused spur time switch.

In theory I could bodge all this myself as it I quite straight forward, but I want to get an electrician.

Do they need to be Part P, do I need a certificate from them? Can anyone recommend an electrician in North Bradford? Ta

willber
    Free Member

As I understood it any modifications to existing circuits had to be carried out by a competent person and then the work needs to be certified. I don’t think you can certify unless you are part p qualified and NICEIC registered, unless you do the work (to regs) and get the local authority to inspect and issue cert, but that would most likely be more expensive than just getting a spark in.

rwamartin
    Free Member

If you get an electrician in, get a Part P registered one unless you know the quality of their workmanship is good. You should get a minor works certificate for it unless it requires a new circuit. It doesn’t need to be notified to building control (so you can legitimately do it yourself and thus a non part P electrician).
    Normal disclaimer given that I’ve not seen it in the flesh.
    Rich.

russ295
    Free Member

There isn’t such a thing as a part p qualification or a register. It’s a building regulation.
    The work your looking at doesn’t fall under the part p building reg so it can be done by any competent person whether they are part of a recognised electric body (niceic/nappit/elecsa etc) or not.
    A minor works should be issued whoever you use.
    Can you not fit an immersion timer to run the heater? Feed from a fused connection unit spured from the socket (assuming its part of the ring final circuit)

Mugboo

Drop me an email Dunc and I’ll give you a number.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice, will get a sparky, if nothing more for piece of mind.

Mugboo YHM

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Dumb question but what exactly is it?

ton

skunk growing room……. 😆

posiwev
    Free Member

By the looks of things a positive pressure ventilation fan, the theory is that the cold air from the loft is fed into the ceiling below causing the rising warm air to drop and amongst other things reducing condensation, there’s should be a sensor in the room below which turns it off when the temp in the loft is higher than the room.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Electrical wiring / Electrician advise – North Bradford’ is closed to new replies.