Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Electrical appliances and other house hold items, that simply have it coming!
  • Stormwind
    Free Member

I have an old tradition of smashing up stroppy house hold wares that refuse to do their jobs.

For example my old computer refused to do it's job, so when I got a new one, I took a hammer to it and it felt great.

Have you smashed up anything in the past or are you planning to smash up anything once it gets replaced?

SST
    Free Member

i did 3 months of demolition work for my uncle years ago. Smashed up kitchens, bathrooms, whole houses sometimes. Broke hundreds of windows, had huge bonfires, and enjoyed every minute of it 🙂

bruneep

I have an old tradition of smashing up stroppy house hold wares that refuse to do their jobs.

the wife unless she shapes up

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stormwind
    Free Member

SST – Member
    i did 3 months of demolition work for my uncle years ago. Smashed up kitchens, bathrooms, whole houses sometimes. Broke hundreds of windows, had huge bonfires, and enjoyed every minute of it

Gimme a bulldoser and I'll be happy

Sounds like my kind of job.

Stormwind
    Free Member

bruneep – Member

the wife unless she shapes up

Get her kitted out in one suit of full DH body armour including the helmets you ware another, then buy some rubber baseball bats. Sorted!

bruneep

Get her kitted out in one suit of full DH body armour including the helmets you ware another, then buy some rubber baseball bats. Sorted!

Oh no!, she'll just get the hairy side of the hand.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Howdy doodly do. How's it going? I'm Talkie, Talkie Toaster, your chirpy breakfast companion. Talkie's the name, toasting's the game. Anyone like any toast?

Stormwind
    Free Member

Yes captainflashheart that thing would get hammered in about 3 seconds whack!! whack!!!!!

Kahurangi

I can see you're not a toast person.

so how about a muffin?

back on topic I've never felt the need to actually destroy home appliances. so pathetically wasteful!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Fookin iron if it leaves another single mark on any of my gear again!! Twatting thing!

Stormwind
    Free Member

If it doesn't work why bother keeping it?

I say smash it up and get some therapy, or you could recycle.

As in use your old TV without the screen for a puppet show theatre or use an old lamp shade as a hat?

Stormwind
    Free Member

I'm sh1t at ironing and washing. That is a good one though, I tend to iron my stuff inside out just to be sure.

wrightyson
    Free Member

My dumb sister spunked over a hundred quid on an iron! **** that!

Cougar

I once took a claw hammer to a server at work that we were "decomissioning" permanently. Very theraputic. Hard disks are remarkably robust.

After I've finished, I nailed the motherboard to the wall in the server room, to serve as a lesson to the others.

skiboy
    Free Member

my old freeview box which never worked properly,

my old microsoft explorer mouse(sick of the sight of it after 7yrs on my desk),

my trusty seiko divers watch, £150 quid to repair by seiko,lasted another 9 months after that and came
    back with more scratches than when it left, tried complaining and they couldn't care a less,

all of them down the range @ 100m and treated to some high velocity lead,

the watch was the best, shot the mechanism clean out the back with a round through the crystal, another round cold welded itself in the side of the case, best fun i'd had in ages 😀

bassspine
    Free Member

I did 6 months work demolishing a pig farm. Happy days. they couldn't get vehicular access to the site, in fact no electricity for the first 3 months, so it was all sledgehammer and pickaxe. One of my favourite ever jobs.

later on I worked for a computer firm, one job was dismantling IBM XTs to get the gold off the boards. STOP! sledgehammer time. 🙂

bassspine
    Free Member

sikboy – very very cool!

Stormwind
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    I once took a claw hammer to a server at work that we were "decomissioning" permanently. Very theraputic. Hard disks are remarkably robust.

After I've finished, I nailed the motherboard to the wall in the server room, to serve as a lesson to the others.

HAHAHA very funny, hopefully it will sort them out for good!

Stormwind
    Free Member

skiboy – Member
    my old freeview box which never worked properly,

my old microsoft explorer mouse(sick of the sight of it after 7yrs on my desk),

my trusty seiko divers watch, £150 quid to repair by seiko,lasted another 9 months after that and came
    back with more scratches than when it left, tried complaining and they couldn't care a less,

the watch was the best, shot the mechanism clean out the back with a round through the crystal, another round cold welded itself in the side of the case, best fun i'd had in ages

That sounds great, what kind of rifle?

Stormwind
    Free Member

bassspine – Member
    I did 6 months work demolishing a pig farm. Happy days. they couldn't get vehicular access to the site, in fact no electricity for the first 3 months, so it was all sledgehammer and pickaxe. One of my favourite ever jobs.

later on I worked for a computer firm, one job was dismantling IBM XTs to get the gold off the boards. STOP! sledgehammer time.

Sounds very theraputic and a lot of fun. Nothing quite life a pickaxe or sledgehammer to help you enjoy yourself!

bassspine
    Free Member

stormwind: it was great, particularly once I realised that the sledge hammer would shatter the cast-iron pipes filled with pig swill that I'd previously been hacksawing.

I did have a few near death experiences on that job too, which helped the fun factor 😈

swamp_boy

Had a job some years ago to dismantle a couple of large trees in a car scrap yard. The owner has stripped all the good bits out, so we had a fine time crashing big lumps of tree onto the cars from a great height. Best shot was caving in the roof of one and popping out the front and back screens without breaking them.

I like the idea of nailing the server motherboard to the wall. Also took a hard drive that was starting to play up down to the rifle range. .22 rimfire smashes up the external circuit board nicely, but it needs a .38 special or .357 mag to break the casing.

Rubik cubes explode very satisfactorily if you hit them dead centre with a .38 as well, best to hang them from a bit of string.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I used to keep an old eight man tent in the loft space above my porch, one day the ceiling gave in and it landed on two Mormon lads who would frequently call around, hospitalising one of them. I was a tad worried about any legal ramifications so I spoke to their pastor, he assured me that all would be fine and these things can happen with excessive canvasing.

TheSanityAssassin

They certainly got an excess of canvas… 😀

Dancake
    Free Member

I threw a Mobile phone in the canal after my Wife said something on it I didnt like.

How we laughed in the Morning when we sobered up.

I put another one in a Vice at work. That one DID have it coming.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

All this sounds a little disturbing, but understandable. 'Phones do not last very long with me. The moment of destruction is immensely satisfying, but the aftermath is a bit depressing. That inanimate objects can be 'taught a lesson' is something I can relate to, unfortunately.

Bruneep please don't attack your wife. Unlike an inanimate object, she cannot be replaced.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

the watch was the best, shot the mechanism clean out the back with a round through the crystal, another round cold welded itself in the side of the case, best fun i'd had in ages

I'm a little bit worried…

bedmaker
    coffeeking
    Free Member

If it can be fixed I fix it. If it can't I strip it for parts that can be re-used. I don't get the theraputic side of mashing things.

Stormwind
    Free Member

bedmaker – Member
    my old computer getting fireworked

Yeah, that should do it!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Electrical appliances and other house hold items, that simply have it coming!’ is closed to new replies.