Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Electric underfloor heating….is it going to be a nightmare?
  • rockhopper70

So the tiler completed the tiled floor this morning, covering the heating wire and adding a list of do’s n dont’s. Assure me please that its going to be OK and not expand/split/crack the joints etc.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Assure me please

Mmmme. Who talked you into that? Where – bathroom?

You have lots of teenie kids / multiple wives?

rockhopper70

bathroom.
    3 kids.1 wifes

Stoner
    Free Member

you need more wifes

rockhopper70

.no

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Wil be fine if done properly, not a thing to worry about

rockhopper70

ok..it’s been done very well so i can relax.

NZCol

We’ve got underfloor in our kitchen and 3 bathrooms, all tiled. Works fine and not too expensive to run as long as you keep it low enough and not cranking. Feels nice in the morning to stand on a warm floor. I try not to think of the Polar Bears I’m killing though.

RoterStern
    Free Member

We’ve got electric underfloor heating in our kitchen and conservatory. As long as you are not expecting it to actually heat the room then everything will be fine. They just stop the tiles being too cold on the feet that is all.

Xylene
    Free Member

I had underfloor heating in Korea, I think it was gas powered though.

I could get my floor so hot I couldn’t stand on it comfortably.

Korea Fighting.

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

Don’t be tempted to switch it on before the time suggested on the instructions. The adhesive needs time to cure properly. Early energisation could result in incorrect adhesion of the tiles.

sharkbait
    Free Member

We put it in our bathroom (wooden subfloor) and tiles over the top. No issues at all.
    To be honest it’s now just left on the ‘holiday’ setting all the time, doesn’t need to be any warmer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Electric underfloor heating….is it going to be a nightmare?’ is closed to new replies.