Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Electric razor for 13 year old?
  • onlysteel
    Free Member

No 1 son has decided he needs to remove his facial fluff. I’m a wet shave kind of guy, but boy is adamant it’s not for him, which Is fair enough – not the most dexterous of kids. So, sub £100, preferably washable, and easy on the skin. Dreadful memories of sand papering my face with my dads electric 40 odd years ago.
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks.

wolly
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

None.
    But our eldest and I jus had some quality time teaching him to shave, all subtle and quiet away from younger brothers.

He walked in the lounge, sat down and a small wag across the room asked where his muzzy was…cue much mirth and a storming out the room…

😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

Open the window when you drive him to school tomorrow.

mudshark
    Free Member

Gotta learn to use a razor/foam! Once a month job I imagine.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I thought it was a rite of passage that you inherit yr dads 1960s bakelite cast-off torture device for yr shaver, so you can get cut up nice and show a good manly rash for yr pains?…well I did.

Nothing to add except – beard. Full and proper.

darrenspink
    Free Member

An electronic shaver is going to hurt like hell pulling out that fluffy stuff.

eddie11
    Free Member

Wow flash back. I went through this. Buy him a cheap one. He’ll soon get pissed off and want a wet shave.

bruneep

gave both my boys wet shave stuff and guided through the process. Both gave up with a wet shave and prefer a electric shave. Youngest has a Philips razor it was on offer at tesco at the time about £40 IIRC, given it is only used once a month to de fluff it does it job.

fasthaggis

Don’t let him read the Amazon reviews though 😉

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Fasthaggis – don’t let anyone read those reviews.

griptool
    Free Member

Veet for men……… lol

Please start him on the right path!

It’s your duty as a Father ;_)

andrewy

Braun! I’ve always used an electric shaver, and tried various brands over the years but always gone back to Braun. Washable is a big plus, makes keeping it clean much easier.

conkerman
    Free Member

The thing i don’t like about electric razors is that you don’t know whether they are suitable for you until you try.

I found Braun useless. I like my Current Philips Sensotouch 3D (and breathe!)

Can be used wet or dry and gives a very good shave indeed for the most part.

Although due to the way the hair grows under my jaw, no electric razor has given good results.

+1 for Buy him some good wet shaving kit.

jon1973
    Free Member

Xylene
    Free Member

crankboy
    Free Member

I had a Phillips one it made a confirmed wet shaver out of me (as soon as I learned disposable bics were not typical of razors.)

andyl
    Free Member

just tell him it looks really good and he should keep growing it! 😀

BenjiM

I have a Phillips Wet and Dry one I can use in the shower, which has been good, I think it was about 70 quid a couple of years ago. However if he’s starting out shaving surely the good old bic is the way to go!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Electric razor for 13 year old?’ is closed to new replies.