Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Electric oven not getting hot enough
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

We have a Neff 1432N2GB single oven. I replaced the element with a new one just before Christmas and it has worked perfectly since but tonight it took ages to cook the food. The thermostat is coming on and going off indicated by the light on the front and a click noise. The burst of hot air when you open the door seems much less than normal.

I don’t have an oven thermostat but I put a jug of water in the oven at 110 degree C for over 30 mins and I could still put my finger in it. After an hour and with the oven turned up to 200 degrees C it still hasn’t boiled.

Does the general concencus agree that it is probably a faulty thermostat, I am happy I can change it if people think it could be this.

Edukator
    Free Member

Are both top and bottom elements working?

Drac

New elements.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

It is a fan oven I thought their was just the one element on the back wall of the oven is their an other element somewhere.

daveh
    Free Member

Sounds like it to me. Have you got the wiring diagram to see whether there are any other potential culprits?

bigsurfer
    Free Member

If it was the element then surely the thermostat would keep the element on all the time which doesn’t appear to be the case

Edukator
    Free Member

The manufacturer’s site talks about top and bottom heat so I assume two elements at least.

IanW
    Free Member

Kin ovens….that’s been this months unplanned expense. Had a similar problem with a Lofra dual fuel which stopped warming fully then starting tripping the RCD.

A family gathering this weekend meant it had to be replaced. I hope to fix the Lofra though so will watch this thread for tips it has more elements than a chemistry class though so may need a pro.

stevestunts
    Free Member

Have you considered lighting a fire inside it to supplement the heat?

thehustler
    Free Member

If its neff it probably has top and bottom elements and possibly one around the fan (used to be bosch technology but they are part of the same grp) so you need to check all the elements

thehustler
    Free Member

neff elements

three shown here infact

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Thanks for the link hustler but 2 of the elements are genuine and non genuine oven element and the same for the grill element. The grill element seems to work fine and as I have said I replaced the oven element around the rear fan only 3 months ago. Am I correct that when in the fan oven mode only the rear element should be used not both elements.

thehustler
    Free Member

no in fan oven top bottom and middle should all heat

thehustler
    Free Member

going back a bit but neff ovens can be set to use just bottom element (pizza setting) try this and see if bottom is heating

teef
    Free Member

Is the fan working?

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Ok an update. I have checked the 3 elements by selecting different oven grill settings and all 3 work individually. The fan works and the thermostat kicks in and out turning the heating elemements on and off although I still need to get a thermostat to confirm how badly it is under heating. We have seen a sudden drop in performance chips that took 25mins to cook are now only just done after double the normal time.

In the circotherm mode (Fan mode) it only appears that the rear element around the fan is on and the Neff guide seems to suggest that this is correct.

johnnystorm

Our Neff did this, swapped out the elements twice & the thermostat once. Now it’s started tripping the switch when the main oven is switched on. Life’s too short so a new oven arrives next week. John Lewis doing free disposal of old units if you buy Neff.

goldfish24

Sounds like thermostat to me. If it’s clicking the elements off before the oven’s up to temp, then the thermostat is not working. Part should cost £20-30 ime

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Electric oven not getting hot enough’ is closed to new replies.