Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Electric guitar for an 9 year old
  • ticsmon

Anyone recommend one please

edhornby

Thomann do own brand ones that are actually good for very little money

metalheart
    Free Member

Isn’t a Yam Pacifica the standard response for this kind of question?

seadog101

3/4 Squire Strat

Youngest Seadog had one of these when he was 10. Very nice. Was improved by putting on a slightly heavier gauge of string than it came with, as it made tuning easier.

For £110, I don’t think it can be faulted. The build quality of cheaper guitars is amazing these days.

johnhe

I’d go for a Squier, an Epiphone or a Yamaha Padifica. Quality is great and those big name brands are generally easier to sell afterwards. I’d personally b something in Cash Converters, but that’s because I play guitar and wouldn’t have a problem changing strings etc. if you’re not confident doing that then your local guitar shop wild take care of all of that for you.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sounds like a good swap, what guitar are you offering?

Drac

Super Mega Ukulele?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wgg9PrGY8o[/video]

Tom-B
    Free Member

Personally I still think that you’re hard pressed to beat the Squire Strat in terms of quality and more importantly playability at this price point.

I’d go for a full size over a 3/4 size….unless they’re really small, they’ll be perfectly fine with a full size, and are only going to get bigger! I have numerous students aged 9/10 that are playing full size electrics.

ticsmon

Thanks chaps. Onzadog- brilliant

deepreddave
    Free Member

I bought one second hand from a trusted guitar teacher which he said was excellent for the money. £50 but can’t remember the make and youngest opted for rugby instead! If you’re interested email in profile.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Electric guitar for an 9 year old’ is closed to new replies.