Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Electric Cars Are Rubbish Shocker….
  • Edukator
    Free Member

It depends on the use you make of the vehicle.

Commute 100km a day and an electric makes both financial and ecological sense.

Drive 500 – 2000km on autoroutes a few times a year and a fossil fuel powered machine makes sense.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I quite fancy the new Mercedes

igrf
    Free Member

stumpy01 – Member
    igrf – Google ‘Smiths Electric Vehicles’.
    Purely electric, so not quite the same as you mention, but commercial electric vehicles, nonetheless.

Thanks for that link, really interesting, they’re a bit big for us, we use T4/T5 size vehicles, but it’s good to see somebody making the effort, as you can tell, i had no idea.

As to vested interest, a university study in a country predominantly financed by oil?

Gary_C

Plus you can make it sound like a seventies Alfa Romeo at the flick of a switch

A seventies Alfa Romeo sounds like a leccy car anyways, silent… broken down… ( again ).

T1000
    Free Member

The petrol hybrid argument is fundamentally flawed…everyone marches around believing the car manufacturers claims … Yet they forget to mention that each unit of petrol includes 23% more imbedded co2 than diesel…

It’s conned so many people with it ’emperors new clothes’

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Interesting… “Why your car isn’t electric”:

rootes1

Irrespective of the source of power one good point about electric vehicles is they move multiple pollution emission sources from where people live and work to larger point source emissions where there is potential to control those emissions.

T1000
    Free Member

Pollution is a global issue and moving it to centralised points isn’t necessarily a good idea as you introduce substantial transmission losses…….

IainGillam
    Free Member

MrNutt – Member
    I quite fancy the new Mercedes

POSTED 17 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Most road cars are a bit dull but the E SLS is something really special.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VlQxQAmi_o[/video]

Iain

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Electric Cars Are Rubbish Shocker….’ is closed to new replies.